Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
The following video was shown today on the DISH Retailer Chat and it shows off many of the feature on the DISH Hopper with Sling.

Check it out!

Last edited:
Scott, you have to pass on that This would make a great tv commercial. Simple yet creative, almost has a "apple" type commercial feel

OK - I watched it twice and didn't see how the directory skips ahead a day at a time all at once. My 722 did when you hit the skip forward button once but the Hopper only goes forward four hours at a time.

They switched it on the Hopper. Skip forward does 4 hours and FWD does a full day.

I wasn't pleased to find that out when I first got my HWS, but my fingers were undergoing retraining anyway.....

You know changing the 24 hour advance from the skip forward as it was on my 722 to forward button on the original Hopper had me thinking I lost that feature. I didn't even think to try the forward button - did Dish document this change in any part of the hopper manuals they sent with the new unit? If not, what other features did we have changed or added that we don't know about - especially now that I have the HWS?

Very well done Video.

The 3hr skip ahead is good when you just want to advance the EPG a 'page' at a time. No foul since the 'day' feature was retained.

You know changing the 24 hour advance from the skip forward as it was on my 722 to forward button on the original Hopper had me thinking I lost that feature. I didn't even think to try the forward button - did Dish document this change in any part of the hopper manuals they sent with the new unit? If not, what other features did we have changed or added that we don't know about - especially now that I have the HWS?

When they went with the new operating system they changed this. It was like this originally on the 922 also. You get use to it.

OK - I watched it twice and didn't see how the directory skips ahead a day at a time all at once. My 722 did when you hit the skip forward button once but the Hopper only goes forward four hours at a time.
That's because they arbitrarily and illogically swapped Guide Skip functionality on the Hopper with the 24-hour skip ahead moving to the FFWD button, and the 3-hour advance to the SKIP button, from the more logical way it was on the 722. (24-hour skip on SKIP and 3-hour advance on FFWD)

Now how about a day skip on the Daily Schedule. After it decides to quit working and takes you back several levels, it would be good to skip to the next day. I would use it most in finding the conflicts. A 3-hour skip there wouldn't hurt either. We do have a page skip there. I like the conflict count on the Timers items although looking through 90 can take a while.

Now if they would let you modify the timer from Match to Exact Match, that would help too. Other mods appreciated also. Please don't make the Schedule go away every half hour.

While I'm at it how about allowing me to specify a user skip on a conflict so I can get rid of the red lines.

And it would be nice to "not schedule" local channel or OTA (disadvantage for OTA tuner) for programs because they are 2X to 6X bigger.
Sorry for the laundry list.
-Ken

When I had a 722k, FFWD moved the guide ahead 3 hours. IIRC, it did it with the 622, as well.

Well, mine never did, and still doesn't. Had two other 722ks in the past, before the Hopper upgrade, they never did either.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

Well, mine never did, and still doesn't. Had two other 722ks in the past, before the Hopper upgrade, they never did either.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

My 722k will not either. If I want to go x number of hours ahead though, I just put in say 8 then hit the > button tada.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts