I just want my local channels I've watched my whole life!!!

Broughwa

Original poster
Oct 23, 2010
Nova Scotia, Canada
This newbie got a simple question! :confused:

They are degrading our local channels to force us to pay for something we have had sense seems like the beginning of time!!

I have this old Bell ExpressVu dish on my house that was there when I bought it and it has a legacy dual digital LNBF PN:214-5100-402 on it with a length of RG59U cable hanging off it.

What do I need to purchase for a cheap old satellite reciever that will allow me to just pick up some local free content?

I'm an old guy and not interested in 300 some odd channels! I just want what I have always had for the same price I have always paid - for free!

I use to get local channels 3, 5 & 8, but now I only get channel 5 on a clear day and it is so grainy it is too frustrating to watch.

Anybody want to help get me going, or is there nothing out there for free anymore?

What a racket! :(

You need to buy an old-school tv antenna, and hook up a tv set with either a built-in digital tuner, or hook up a digital converter to an older tv set to get local channels.

Throw away the old dish, and wire, because they aren't going to help you get FREE "over the air" channels.

Or call Bell, an ask them to install a satellite system. It won't be free every month, but they never were legally free.

local channels are available in almost all areas with the proper outdoor antenna and a digital tuner (modern tv) or a digital converter box for older tv's that have an analog only tuner. your pic quality with the antenna will be better than most satellite providers can provide due to the availability of more bandwidth per channel. go to TV Fool and research your area and antenna you need.

Well it gets it out of DISH Network which was totally incorrect, and Canada does have access to some digital. Is there a better location besides locking the thread?

The question probably can't get a decent answer being Canadian on an American site but maybe there is someone from Nova Scotia who can help this poor lost soul.

Last edited:
The management of the forum chose to put Hd or digital in every forum title I guess to show that they werekeeping up with the times. For a time this forum had HD in the title even thogh most of the thread dealt with suchannels that are SD.

So while the title may not fit this situation this is clearly the place to go for OTA questions.

is this close to where you are at?
TV Fool

Radar-All.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts