I just watched Glee...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I have only watched the first episodes this season since it was talked about so much last season I was interested to see what all the hype was about. I do not know how to classify the show yet, is it a teenage soap musical comedy?

Mike, I think you summed up the show when you mentioned it was a, "teenage soap musical comedy." I too checked it out simply because I wanted to find-out what all the fuss was about. Apparently, there are a log of 13-year old watching television and posting on the Internet.

I like the music they do, not big on the crap in between musical numbers.

I've watched a number of episodes now. My 13 yo daughter is absolutely addicted. My son, who is a seior and in honor choir and jazz ensemble feels it is stupid. He likes some of the songs but gets very aggrevated because they use autotune software a lot. He feels they should have cast actors who could sing in tune instead :)

Lately, I have been drifting in and out of the room when it is on. The melodrama is just too comic book and the production numbers are not as fun as last year.

BTW, I lover your new avatar. That is the best ribbon one I have seen in some time. It doesn't beat you over the head, but gives a lighter feeling of hope, and it kind of reflects a lot of the feelings we went through with Cindy. Try to live your life with joy, but the cancer is still there and has to be addressed daily.

I started watching after I signed up for hulu. I guess I was naive enough to believe that those actresses and actors could actually sing. I didn't know they used software to fix stuff. LOL! My bad! I liked the Lady Gaga episode they did, I've never listened to her stuff before. I also liked the Britney Spears last week. So far those are the only two I've seen.

Thanks for liking my avatar. I try to find a new one each year for this month. :)

I would have thought they would have been able to get actors that could sing. Now I know why the vocals sound so strange at times, the autotune still needs some work.

The lead actors are actually incredibly talented vocally - collectively that are the most vocally talented actors ever assembled for a television series.

Not every member of the cast is a superlatively great singer, for sure, but the leads all are.

The two are not mutually exclusive. There are a number of reasons why you would use such solutions even with the very best singers there are. It is likely a matter of stylistic preference and/or cost considerations.

It sounds to me that some folks have unjustifiable and extreme animosity toward the use of autotune, and therefore allow that animosity trump all other considerations with regard to evaluating the value of the show and the talent of the singers.

The leads are superlatively talented singers. They are.

Using it in a live performance to help deal with a singer having a bad day is one thing, using it in a recorded tv show just suggests that 1) the producers are either lazy, or 2) the singers really need help. OR both.

Lucky for me, my 13 year old is a boy, and he could care less about Glee, so I don't have to suffer through it, auto-tune or not. :)

The autotune can grate on my ears. If it was a perfect device one could not tell they were using it. I suspect that it is more of a time issue than talent issue. They sing a lot of songs, and one assumes a one week production schedule. They probably just do not have the time to learn all the dialog, act the scenes out and learn/rehearse the songs to hit all the notes.

Using it in a live performance to help deal with a singer having a bad day is one thing, using it in a recorded tv show just suggests that 1) the producers are either lazy, or 2) the singers really need help. OR both.
No. There are myriad other possibilities. That's the point. I mentioned a couple (it's a stylistic choice; it's less expensive than doing multiple takes).

Your assumptions along these lines are strange. How did autotune do you wrong?

OK, I guess my IQ slipped by 20 points. I actually found the Rocky Horror Show very good. I do not know why it was so appealing. I have never seen Rocky Horror in the theater. I actually was so inspired I ordered the BD, since I see it was released last month... Actually the only song I knew was the Time Warp song. I must have heard it on the radio in the past. Actually I really only remember the chorus. And the jump instructions. Perhaps it is childhood memories or something.

Perhaps there is more to Glee than first meets the eye. It is interesting the cast must have been fans of the RHPS since they seemed to have minimal autotune during the episode. In fact after watching it 1x I do not remember any time that it caught my attention, the first show of the season I can say that. They must know the songs by heart. The ending production of Time Warp was very good. I have not seen the BD of the original to compare to, but from memory of whatever it was that I remember it seemed spot on. I will have the BD Friday, I will have to see how it compares.

I have loved Glee since the beginning . I enjoy the musical numbers and those kids and even some adults are great dancers and singers too. Sure the shows can be a little preachy and melodramatic at times but over all I enjoy them. Sometimes a happy ending is just what I want to see at the end of the hour ,instead of a killing spree witnessed on other cop related shows.

...instead of a killing spree witnessed on other cop related shows.
I would love to see a show about a serial killer on a Killing Glee... :D Seriously, I know what you mean...wish the networks would have more shows like The Waltons, Little House on the Prarie, Highway to Heaven and Touched by an Angel in their primetime lineups.

I watched this show for the first time last night (girlfriend watches it) and I didn't really like it and she didn't either. I am not a fan of the movie this episode was based on so I guess that's why.

I loved last night's episode. The opening was mind-blowing. Chris Colfer as Riff-Raff was perfect. Naya Rivera and Heather Morris were excellent. Even Dianna Agron was good as a party-dancer. And Michele Lea as Janet was great as usual.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts