I just watched Glee...

I would love to see a show about a serial killer on a Killing Glee... :D Seriously, I know what you mean...wish the networks would have more shows like The Waltons, Little House on the Prarie, Highway to Heaven and Touched by an Angel in their primetime lineups.

That was a good one. A Killing Glee!:D:up

I watched the Rocky Horror one after seeing Mike's post. I kind of liked this one. To the point. The melodrama was relevant for a change and it was refreshing that I ended up agreeing with Sue.

Also agree that the autotune wasn't an issue here. They actually let a couple of clinkers pass through.

Still, it will be a rare episode I watch, although it gets recorded for my 13 yo daughter.

The two are not mutually exclusive. There are a number of reasons why you would use such solutions even with the very best singers there are. It is likely a matter of stylistic preference and/or cost considerations.

It sounds to me that some folks have unjustifiable and extreme animosity toward the use of autotune, and therefore allow that animosity trump all other considerations with regard to evaluating the value of the show and the talent of the singers.

The leads are superlatively talented singers. They are.

Auto-tune sucks, and if you don't realize that, well....................

There is a reason it's used, they can't sing, and if they can't sing, then they shouldn't record. (Not just Glee, but in general)

Auto-tune sucks, and if you don't realize that, well....................
Holy heck... that's insanely self-centered. You do realize, don't you, that the entertainment industry doesn't exist solely to serve you - you do know that right? And that you don't get to unilaterally determine the standards and criteria that everyone else must therefore use - you do know that right?

There is a reason it's used
There are several different reasons that it is used. That's the point. Your refusal to acknowledge that is blinding you to what's actually going on.

they can't sing
Yes, they can. You either don't know what you're talking about, or your terribly lost in your own world. Geez. Get over yourself.

Holy heck... that's insanely self-centered. You do realize, don't you, that the entertainment industry doesn't exist solely to serve you - you do know that right? And that you don't get to unilaterally determine the standards and criteria that everyone else must therefore use - you do know that right?

Your refusal to acknowledge that is blinding you to what's actually going on.

You either don't know what you're talking about, or your terribly lost in your own world. Geez. Get over yourself.

Very funny. Reread what you wrote out loud while looking in the mirror. It fits. :rolleyes:

Very funny. Reread what you wrote out loud while looking in the mirror. It fits. :rolleyes:

+1. Bicker, has anyone ever told you it is ok to be part of the conversation without the Church lady attitude? :rolleyes:

If you keep this up, we shall dub you Bicker, the thread killer.

+1. Bicker, has anyone ever told you it is ok to be part of the conversation without the Church lady attitude? :rolleyes:

If you keep this up, we shall dub you Bicker, the thread killer.

Don't worry Jay. He won't kill threads with this sanctimonious self-righteousness. Not on my watch. There are ways of dealing with that.

The sarcasm and holier-than-thou attitude needs to end.

Don't worry Jay. He won't kill threads with this sanctimonious self-righteousness. Not on my watch. There are ways of dealing with that.

The sarcasm and holier-than-thou attitude needs to end.

Well, I posted that way because there was one I simply stopped responding to yesterday, and several others in the past. It iws unfortunate that so many people think that silencing people is the same as winning. Mayby not as sad as thinking of fellow members as opponents to be crushed.

Well, I posted that way because there was one I simply stopped responding to yesterday, and several others in the past. It iws unfortunate that so many people think that silencing people is the same as winning. Mayby not as sad as thinking of fellow members as opponents to be crushed.

Go back to that thread, and say what you think.

Ok, as a follow up I got the Rocky Horror Picture Show BD and watched it after seeing the Glee episode. Well I do not understand the buzz about RHPS. Perhaps one has to be buzzed to understand it. I liked the Glee episode better than the movie.

Well I liked this weeks episode. That rival school really has some good singers. I suppose we will be seeing them off and on since there is talk of their lead singer Blaine becoming a Glee regular.

I liked the way the other schools glee team sang. They looked good all in their jackets and ties and the Glee gay boy Curt sure looked like he was in heaven. I also liked the way the bully was shown to be a closet gay that was being a bully to Curt ,because he was hiding the fact that he was scared about admitting he too was gay. I have always thought that the people who are so vocally and adamantly opposed to gay people ,are those that are hiding those gay feelings in themselves.

Yes the wedding with Kurt's dad and Finns mother made me tear up to and my wife openly cried. Loved the dancing down the isle by the Glee kids. Reminded me of the Youtube wedding video that was out last year of the wedding party all dancing and singing down the ilse. Conversely the Sue wedding scene with Carol Burnett kind of creeped me out. Sue just gets weirder & weirder every week.

Ok, during the break here I bought season 1 on Amazon VOD and watched it. I must say season 1 is a lot better than season 2 has been. I hope that they improve season 2 in the last half.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)