I like my FTA

Status
Please reply by conversation.

SpiffWilkie

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 16, 2008
Memphis, TN
I'm at my parents' house for the holiday and they have Direct. It sucks. A lot. I've been switching mainly between the locals and ESPN for the football and the picture quality is depressing. Especially the locals. I also hate that the locals are all 4x3. I don't have an HD set at home and my parents only have an SD sub but why do the locals have to only broadcast 4x3??? This especially sucks for football. If I had my way, everything would be letterboxed on an SD TV.

I cringe when I'm at my dad's

60" TV and a friggin Dish 311 receiver (SD)

Same with my parents. A 60" widescreen and an SD receiver. Which is why I wish at least the locals weren't in 4x3. at least I could zoom in on a letterboxed broadcast.

Just installed a Glorystar system for my brother in Washington State today. Took two hours to install and peak. Showed him how to blind scan for the rest of the free channels on 97w & 101w.

Houston, we've got a new FTA hobbyist!

Photos to follow. (Seems like the forum software is not iPhone friendly) :(

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 129
  • photo(2).jpg
    photo(2).jpg
    87 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
(Seems like the forum software is not iPhone friendly) :(
You'll have to consult with out resident iPhoner, Dee_Ann.
Maybe it's a special application.
She seems to manage to upload pix from her iPhone, and even log in and post from it late at night.

Pretty darned handy to have so many contributors on the forum - whatever you need, someone probably has a solution! - :up

Last edited:
I cringe when I'm at my dad's

60" TV and a friggin Dish 311 receiver (SD)

Same with my parents. A 60" widescreen and an SD receiver. Which is why I wish at least the locals weren't in 4x3. at least I could zoom in on a letterboxed broadcast.

I was just at my dad's place. Has a nice new 42" LCD, even has the HD cable box and HD subscription package from the local cable company. The cringe came when I noticed the modulated "channel 3" coax connection between the receiver and the TV. HDMI cable still twist-tied up in it's plastic bag. At least this one was readily fixable.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)