I lost two HD channels in Puerto Rico

neljtorres

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 1, 2005
Bayamon, Puerto Rico
When I got home today at 6:00pm I was watching the USA HD on channel 5502 and they channel went away, also SCFI HD 5503

I called Dish spend about two hours with a CSR rebooting my 211 and checking out what had happen and she could not find nothing she made a complaint and told me that they will call me back tomorrow. Anybody have more information?

Or did they remove that channel from a conus beam and put it on a spotbeam for alaska?

When I got home today at 6:00pm I was watching the USA HD on channel 5502 and they channel went away, also SCFI HD 5503

I called Dish spend about two hours with a CSR rebooting my 211 and checking out what had happen and she could not find nothing she made a complaint and told me that they will call me back tomorrow. Anybody have more information?

Or did they remove that channel from a conus beam and put it on a spotbeam for alaska?

Wow! What bad timing for bsg and burn notice! I'm still getting the channels in Ak.

Those are the only two in the pack that were still on E*11 and if they are still available in Alaska, that must mean that they were moved to the spot beam on E*10.

This means that they are going to use the space on E*11 for two HD channels for ....

That's why you are subscribed to one of the National HD packages. I have all HD channels too, and I live in PR. For a substantial time we were able to get those packages for our new customers, but once the people that wanted to get those channels with dishes smaller than the required start calling Dish asking for refunds, because the were nor able to watch the channels, well it was easier to just "eliminate" that package for PR.

In my opinion the activation of those channels in PR should be handled by dealers with experience, and obviously never by the subscriber. Why? The dealer will be resposible and the customer can't call Dish to bitch about the lack of reception.

Once Dish took away that package from us, my sales basically turned to dust. HD service was my specialty.

Im a Dish retailer in PR, I call to retalier care and they said that all the customer have to call Dish to report the problem. I think that somebody touch the wrong buttom and shutoff. ;-)

I live in Puerto Rico, and I have USAHD on 105 - 9431 and SCIFIHD ON 122 - 9432.

I don't know how are you are getting them beacause Pedro Jose and Crivera66 and me lost those channels and how are you getting them?

I have called a couple of friends here in PR that have HD and have lost the channels also! So if you work in a dealer or something you can get them but If not!!!! Unless You have a dealer here in Puerto Rico and it's name is VC Satellite!

Last edited:
That's why you are subscribed to one of the National HD packages. I have all HD channels too, and I live in PR. For a substantial time we were able to get those packages for our new customers, but once the people that wanted to get those channels with dishes smaller than the required start calling Dish asking for refunds, because the were nor able to watch the channels, well it was easier to just "eliminate" that package for PR.

In my opinion the activation of those channels in PR should be handled by dealers with experience, and obviously never by the subscriber. Why? The dealer will be resposible and the customer can't call Dish to bitch about the lack of reception.

Once Dish took away that package from us, my sales basically turned to dust. HD service was my specialty.

Hi Tom P

I am not talking about the 61.5 hd. The ones are from sat 110 transponder 17 USA HD and SCI FI HD they were on 5502 and 5503 and they change the channels to 9431 and 9432 and are still on sat 110 and transponder 17. And for some reason a moron from Dish did something wrong and now we can't get to channles activated again!

Hi Tom P

I am not talking about the 61.5 hd. The ones are from sat 110 transponder 17 USA HD and SCI FI HD they were on 5502 and 5503 and they change the channels to 9431 and 9432 and are still on sat 110 and transponder 17. And for some reason a moron from Dish did something wrong and now we can't get to channles activated again!
AMEN but did the moron at chayenne put them back at this time?

I don't know how are you are getting them beacause Pedro Jose and Crivera66 and me lost those channels and how are you getting them?

I have called a couple of friends here in PR that have HD and have lost the channels also! So if you work in a dealer or something you can get them but If not!!!! Unless You have a dealer here in Puerto Rico and it's name is VC Satellite!

Nel, He have all National ch because Vc is a retailer,and on Retailers accounts they(DN) Don't block programming,As Tom P(Tom I will call you this weekend:)) states the only who can see all National HD Chs are Retailers,People with the old Voom package or people who have "move".

Nel, He have all National ch because Vc is a retailer,and on Retailers accounts they(DN) Don't block programming,As Tom P(Tom I will call you this weekend:)) states the only who can see all National HD Chs are Retailers,People with the old Voom package or people who have "move".

Okay! Did not know that about the retailers! But I had to clarify to Vc and Tom P that the dish customers in PR are not receiving those channels.

Okay! Did not know that about the retailers! But I had to clarify to Vc and Tom P that the dish customers in PR are not receiving those channels.
Trust me I do understand your frustration,You're not alone,Tom brought and interesting point(about let the experienced retailers to handle HD accounts for PR residents)this is something some of the around 200 or so retailers we have here brought to all of us ,Some of them got greedy, some others didn't have a clue what the hell were doing,piss poor installations from unqualified techs,In the end those facts affects us all.I don't think DN will come with this kind of resolution till the HSP office come to live,Hopefully this will come to happy ending very"soon":)

Trust me I do understand your frustration,You're not alone,Tom brought and interesting point(about let the experienced retailers to handle HD accounts for PR residents)this is something some of the around 200 or so retailers we have here brought to all of us ,Some of them got greedy, some others didn't have a clue what the hell were doing,piss poor installations from unqualified techs,In the end those facts affects us all.I don't think DN will come with this kind of resolution till the HSP office come to live,Hopefully this will come to happy ending very"soon":)

Hi technoguy

What do the initials HSP stands for? Just curious.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)