I may even bother with V

Actually I do like the two shows Grey's Anatomy and Desperate Housewives because they are soaps . But when I watch a good show like Jericho about the nuclear attack of country orchestrated by a corrupt government official- ala Cheney look alike, I do not want to see a lot of soap opera plots that get in the way of the story telling.
That wasn't what Jericho was. The first press release regarding Jericho was put out in December 2005 and this is how Jericho was described:
"Jericho" then is detailed as a high-concept soap about a small town in Kansas that's dealing with life after a series of nuclear attacks destroys most of America's big cities.
You may have wished for another television series, but apparently the parts of what you didn't like about Jericho was what Jericho was supposed to be.

Another example of a "sci-fi " show that was nothing more than a soap opera was "Defying Gravity" on ABC.
And that was the only thing that gave it much of a chance of succeeding AFAIC. I suspect what you might have wanted Defying Gravity to have been would have been incredibly boring to most folks who loved Defying Gravity.

V -- TV Review

By Barry Garron
"V" was a popular miniseries when NBC aired it in the pre-Fox and early cable year of 1983. It worked so well that creator Kenneth Johnson had a sequel the following year, "V: The Final Battle." That proved so popular that NBC, disregarding the "Final" part of the title, reintroduced "V" as a weekly series that fall. That's when it stopped working.
Source & More: hollywoodreporter.com

I set the timer as well. You're right about them hyping the crap out of it. I really don't watch commercials but I seem to have seen a ton for this show. Let's hope it is decent.

So far early reviews of the pilot have been pretty positive. I have to say that the closer we've gotten to the premier, the more I'm looking forward to this.

I've read that people involved with the show like how the revisions to the later part of season have turned out. Maybe that 5 week break turned out to be a good thing.

Guess we'll see starting tonight.

I'll probably watch it tonight. The wife wanted to watch NCIS last night.

IMO, the wife/NCIS factor is going to really hurt it's live ratings chances.

It was pretty good . The resistance started in the first episode and the fact that they were lizards under their human "cloaned" skin was revealed also. The part I don't find credible at all is that humanity accepts huge alien space ships over every major city in the world with out incidents , attacks, missles etc. Even the terrorists have stopped fighting us? Come on that isn't credible at all.

I was somewhat underwhelmed. I was hoping the lambs would not be lining up for slaughter as eagerly. Was almost like they were using Kenneth Johnson's original mini series script with a few character changes.

Ok, I am watching this now... I can't believe how quickly they are trying to move the story. One minute they arrive, the next they want the reporter to do an interview to try to help quell the protests against them.

I feel like the story is rushed, and for the life of me, I can't figure out why. I had watched the original mini-series a year or two ago (I have it on DVD), and I just find it strange how they are moving the story forward.

Oh its not terrible (and my son seems intrigued), but so far, I am a bit disappointed. AND I want them to be wearing funky sunglasses. :)

Of course, since Elizabeth Mitchell is in it - I'll watch it even if it is terrible. :D

I was also surprised how much they let out of the bag ...

We know they are lizards.
We know they are fighting against the resistance.
We know they came earlier.
We know there are traitor Vs.

We know the supreme leader is H - O - double T ... HOTT ;)

I thought for sure they would have slowed the pace ... it will be interesting where they take it from here ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts