I may even bother with V

I was also surprised how much they let out of the bag ...

We know they are lizards.
We know they are fighting against the resistance.
We know they came earlier.
We know there are traitor Vs.

We know the supreme leader is H - O - double T ... HOTT ;)

I thought for sure they would have slowed the pace ... it will be interesting where they take it from here ...

True enough. But I keep expecting her to start spreading the holy word of the Ori. ;)

Yet, I can't for the life of me figure out why they decided to rush it along so quickly. It is very untypical in this age of drag stuff out for years and only then explain things.

Ok, I am watching this now... I can't believe how quickly they are trying to move the story. One minute they arrive, the next they want the reporter to do an interview to try to help quell the protests against them.

I feel like the story is rushed, and for the life of me, I can't figure out why. I had watched the original mini-series a year or two ago (I have it on DVD), and I just find it strange how they are moving the story forward.

My wife and I just watched it. That's funny, we had the same response too how fast it moved. I felt like it was an entire season squished into an hour. I know this isn't supposed to be another LOST, but there is something about having a season stretched out with some mystery to it that I like, even if I do already know they are evil.

-Mike

My wife and I just watched it. That's funny, we had the same response too how fast it moved. I felt like it was an entire season squished into an hour. I know this isn't supposed to be another LOST, but there is something about having a season stretched out with some mystery to it that I like, even if I do already know they are evil.

-Mike

All I can figure is that they knew that most of the people watching also KNEW that they were lizards, so.... why bother trying to keep the secret. Still, that first episode was way too loaded. Even if they had made it a 2 hour deal it would have been better.

I kind of wish they called the commander Diana, in homage to the original. But I was pleased to see some uniforms at the end. But again, I want the funky glasses, and the sensitivity to light. :)

Ok, I am watching this now... I can't believe how quickly they are trying to move the story. One minute they arrive, the next they want the reporter to do an interview to try to help quell the protests against them.

I feel like the story is rushed, and for the life of me, I can't figure out why. I had watched the original mini-series a year or two ago (I have it on DVD), and I just find it strange how they are moving the story forward.

Oh its not terrible (and my son seems intrigued), but so far, I am a bit disappointed. AND I want them to be wearing funky sunglasses. :)

Of course, since Elizabeth Mitchell is in it - I'll watch it even if it is terrible. :D
That is the first thought I had too...it just seems rushed. Almost like they know it may already be DOA

I suspect that shows like this are always either "complained about" as moving too slow, or moving too fast, or both. I doubt any show like this will ever just be broadcast without someone feeling one way or the other. I suspect that moving too slow is the far worse transgression, since too many people tune out the next week. Boredom is a stronger motivator to change the channel than excitement.

Yeah, I have a bad feeling the only thing they can do now is turn it into a resistance mission a week, pretty much how the original V series (not miniseries) turned out.

This show is supposed to be only 13 episodes long according to what I read else where. They will show 4 and then pull the show until spring and show the rest. That must be why it is so rushed . Usually they drag out a lot of personal back ground stories on characters you won't care about anyway. If this show stays true to the old series , you already know that the humans will win because they will seed the air with a chemical that they create that kills the aliens.

All I can figure is that they knew that most of the people watching also KNEW that they were lizards, so.... why bother trying to keep the secret. Still, that first episode was way too loaded. Even if they had made it a 2 hour deal it would have been better.

I kind of wish they called the commander Diana, in homage to the original. But I was pleased to see some uniforms at the end. But again, I want the funky glasses, and the sensitivity to light. :)

I'm waiting for the rodent lunch. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VObQfWMgmIM]YouTube - V Diana is a hungry alien[/ame]

I liked the first episode. I think they played it smart moving so fast, covering things everyone already knows. Now they can slow it down for character development and Im hoping some gratuitous sex. Too bad this is on network TV.

In an earlier post I said I'd wait to make sure it was coming back in spring before I bothered getting into the first four episodes, but curiosity and lack of much else on (a.k.a. I hate the Yankees) got the better of me, so I watched it.

I must say, I am pleasantly surprised. I was expecting an almost literal remake, but with iPhones and shorter haircuts. I like how they moved us right to the point of the resistance forming. My biggest complaint is seeing Joel Gretsch because he makes me wish I was still watching new episodes of 4400 instead. :(

I would've liked a slightly slower paced premier, but that's not what we got, so I'll live with it...at least it isn't crawling through the elements, as SGU seems to be wanting to slog us through...

I too half expected to hear Anna say "Hallowed are the Ori". :D ;)

I would suspect that they take each aspect reveled in the first episode and do a back story on it, turning it into an episode. This way it slows down and develops into a series.

Syfy had the original Mini-series and V the Final battle on as a Marathon on Sunday. I watched most of it. They basically crammed 75% of the original miniseries in to the first episode. I just seems really rushed to me, like all the really want to show are combat scenes from the Final Battle era all the time. Some character development is necessary for any show and this just didn't have much for me. I'm going to keep watching though, as long as all the visitors stay as hot as they in the first episode.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts