I miss DX'ing TV stations

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Pics :)
KAAL.jpg KDLT.jpg KDLT-DT2.jpg KIMT.jpg KMEG.jpg KPTH.jpg KSFY.jpg KSMN.jpg KTIV.jpg WACY.jpg WAOW.jpg WBAY (2).jpg WCGV.jpg WCMU.jpg WDJT.jpg WEAU.jpg WFLD.jpg WFRV.jpg WGBA.jpg WGN.jpg

Ice, I think the farthest I ever got a few years ago on a Zenith box was 250 miles. Great tropo on a station in Tennessee early one morning. The tuner in my 43" Vizio is average. I can manually add a channel or overwrite all of them though. I think I have two of the Zenith converter boxes in the garage I think they're the 900's though. Best station to get here in the analog days was WAVE out of Louisville at about 100 miles away. I think their antenna was aimed somewhat at northern Kentucky and lots of Cincy folks picked them up. You didn't need a big antenna to do it and you got a good solid signal 24/7. Due to the hills in Ohio etc...getting reliable Tv at more than 50 miles is not that good.

Reactions: Mr Tony
not much today but did grab 2 on the 8 bay

KCCO 7 CBS Alexandria, MN.....its a satellite of WCCO (and KCCW which is my local) 87 miles
KWCM 10 PBS Appleton, MN 142 miles

Whats crazy is this wasnt picked up on the VHF. It was on the 8 Bay whcih **claims** 25 mile VHF range (and that is being generous)

Forgot one from yesterday
16 (12) WJFW NBC Rhinelander (Wausua) Wisconsin

It logged but wouldnt map properly so it showed 16.3 & 16.4 which remap to 12.1 & 12.2

Only new ones today were

16 (17) KDSM FOX Des Moines, IA
19 (19) KDMI This Des Moines, IA (its a weird one. 19 & 23 are co-owned so on 19 it shows 19-2 This and 23-2 CW....on 23 its the -1 of the stations)

and the "norm" ones from Eau Claire and Rochester/Mason City

Does any HDTV set have the capability to select a channel rather than scanning or is it only the converters? I wonder why some bright hacker hasn't found a way to hack a a TV receiver's firmware to add the ch select capability.

Does any HDTV set have the capability to select a channel rather than scanning or is it only the converters? I wonder why some bright hacker hasn't found a way to hack a a TV receiver's firmware to add the ch select capability.
There are some older TV's (from 2009) that did. I dont know about any new ones that do

I've got an 15" Emerson that I bought for an extra room at Walmart for $99 a couple months ago, and besides scanning channels, if you just punch in the numbers of a channel and it picks it up, it automatically adds that channel permanently to the channel list.

So, they are out there. I don't recommend a 15" tv for your main tv set though, as since they are 16x9, it's pretty small.

I know my AOC 32" allows you to do what primestar noted. Butt he way I read it is Eddie wants to manually select a station and let it sit there to see if the station tunes (like the converter boxes do) and not just type in the number on the TV

I know my AOC 32" allows you to do what primestar noted. Butt he way I read it is Eddie wants to manually select a station and let it sit there to see if the station tunes (like the converter boxes do) and not just type in the number on the TV
Right, this would allow for antenna pointing as well as capture of some illusive stations. I think my son has a couple of converters I am hoping one may be a Zenith.

So you're actually able to get a signal from Buzzr's affiliate out of Chicago...that's very impressive! Hope it stays on for ya, they've got a fun week planned.
It was gone by 4pm that day. Monday was a unique day for DX.

I am receiving real channels 7, 13, 21, 25, 36 and 45, I would like to check some of the more favorable others but can't find any with auto scan on tv. I have a 91XG but can get all my current channels using this simple antenna
Radar-All.png

I know the RCA 3 in 1 remote (seen it at walmart, fleet farm, menards, target, etc) shows on the back the different brands it works with and zenith DTA box (converter box) will work with it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts