I need everyone's help with TheList - Update your stations

no they didnt. DIsh removed the ones that didnt upgrade but both KTVC & KKYK moved to digital.

KKYK was a digital only station since 06
On June 30, 2006, the station ceased analog operations, and began broadcasting in digital on its former analog assignment, UHF channel 49. The station also changed call signs, and became KKYK-DT, one of the few stations in the United States to bear the suffix.
and Dish's site still shows it as part of locals and the uplink thread doesnt show it ever leaving. Some of the Equity stations did leave but these 2 havent yet

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 78
I can remove channels manually but since they are still carried by Dish Network they will just pop up again when the uplink tool updates TheList from the tables.

Only human generated data on TheList is the city, state, and affiliation that gets matched up to each channel from the data stream.

Digi:
I checked them and there are some corrections or things to add in the Puerto Rico spot (49 at 110º):

Everyplace in the "Area" column that says "Aquadilla" should read "Aguadilla" with a "G" instead of a "Q". Aguadilla is a town in the northwestern part of the island. The FCC has it wrong.

WIPR is a PBS affiliate.
WLII is a Univision (UNI) affiliate
WJPX is a CaribeVision (CV) affiliate
WSJU is a SBS (Mega TV) affiliate. This was correct before...

I appreciate all your work. The List is a great resource. Thanks.

Digi,

Somehow, these changes are not being kept in your updates. The changes are not being shown in the List. Is it a glitch in the way the update's being done or something else?

Thanks

What updates? The town name. I am not changing town names as they will get overwritten next time I merge my list with the FCC anyways.

Okay, I understand about the town names. But the affiliate names are not there...

That was my fault on a few of the PR ones. I doubled up the records and it was reading the first blank record. I correct the affiliated database and repushed TheList. Check it now.

Before October 1, 2009 Dishnetwork will begin
to carry WQOW TV-18 ABC out of Eau Claire WI.
this is the sister station out of La Crosse
now listed as this on the List:

5260 WXOW (ABC 19) MPEG4 HD 129?W 10 8PSK (2/3) Spotbeam 15 La Crosse, WI

here is a link to the story
DISH Network to begin carrying WQOW - WQOW TV: Eau Claire, WI NEWS18 News, Weather, and Sports

Very unusual for Dish to carry 2 ABC stations in the same area but the whole thing
is unusual with Dish and Directv carrying more La Crosse stations then Eau Claire
when Eau Claire is a much larger city.
According to the following data as of 7/1/2008 http://www.citypopulation.de/USA-Wisconsin.html
Eau Claire Population : 65,426
La Crosse Population: 50,902

Thanks for all your work Digiblur!!

Code:
7095    ESBT (30)    MPEG2 SD    119?W    07    QPSK (5/6)   Spotbeam 11    Available
7095    ESBT (30)    MPEG4 SD    61.5?W   05    8PSK (2/3)   Spotbeam 11    Available
These should be South Bend, IN as they are the old UPN sub-channel of WSBT's (our CBS affiliate) ATSC channel. The on-air identification is SBT2.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)