I NEED HELP, BIG TIME

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Glad you have it working!!! I haven't used MAZ to edit and upload yet, so I am no expert. I did get it to download from my Azbox, and that is as far as I have gone yet. Live & Learn....

I've been playing with MAZ for a couple days now and managed to really mess up my receiver pretty good. Started over. A couple things I've noticed. SAVING the channel list and opening it makes it unusable. The only successful edit was accomplished by downloading the channel list from the receiver, editing and immediately uplaod back to the receiver. When you upload back to the receiver it reinstalls the original satellite list for the entire planet as well as your edited channel list. It also assigns position numbers that you have used to other satellites in the world list. This creates havoc with the positioner while you surf the channel setup menu. TURN OFF THE POSITIONER!!. Then go into the setup menu and fix your satellite list.

I'm starting to have this "Love Hate relationship" with my AZBox. It's a sensitive tuner, works well, but the scanning isn't great, misses alot. It doesn't seem to have any kind of channel/guide options that you can use. Is channel selection by channel number entry only?? beside the up/down buttons.

It doesn't seem to have any kind of channel/guide options that you can use. Is channel selection by channel number entry only?? beside the up/down buttons.

If I understand your question properly, then the answer is yes. Channel selection is only via those methods you described and not by a "Channel Guide". The reason for this is that the channel guide is not present in 99.999% of FTA channels that are available to us in North America. This is not a fault of the AZBox, it is simply because the data stream from the satellites do not provide it (a guide). Guide information must be transmitted down from the satellite for the receiver's options in the guide to function. Since the information (data) is not transmitted, the box has nothing to reveal or work with.

This is not a fault of the box or anything you have done incorrectly in your setup, the information is simply unavailable from the satellite source.

RADAR

I would think you could select the channel in the guide screen even without content showing, but it doesn't work that way, bummer. With no favorites or other channel list options, it makes FTA a little more work.

The AZBox definately leaves a lot of room for improvement. I'm probably going to find a different solution for my wife to use.

What does unzip mean

Jim,

It means a file that are downloading is a compressed file, you have to uncompress it (Unzip)

Jim,

In order to make the data package smaller so that it can be transferred over the internet, the data is "compressed" into a small package of data. When it gets to the receiving end, you have to "decompress" that packet of data so that it can be used. The whole process is referred to as "zipping" and "UN-zipping". You need supporting application files on your PC in order to do this. The two most common are WINZip and WINRar. WinRar is more versatile.

RADAR

Last edited:
I would think you could select the channel in the guide screen even without content showing, but it doesn't work that way, bummer. With no favorites or other channel list options, it makes FTA a little more work.

The AZBox definately leaves a lot of room for improvement. I'm probably going to find a different solution for my wife to use.

Magic,

You can set up a favorite list of channels. That makes things a lot nicer, instead of hundreds of channels to wade through, you only have a few to a dozen on each sat. You can orgainize your fav ch listings any way you like, it is very versatile and works really slick. Read the AZ-Guide and it will inform you of the how-to's.

RADAR

ACWxRadar:

The DVD trick worked!!!!!!!!!

Thank you and for the Movie Friday

:):):):):):):):)

Sonya,

It's rather "bizzarro" isn't it? I bet you never expected such a thing! I didn't either, I found it by sheer accident, coincidence.

Make sure you do not leave a disc in the tray for too long. The rubber or soft plastic gasket that the disc rests on can, over time and with the heat generated by the PC, adhere to the disc like glue. Then you will have major troubles ejecting the disc. My brother's wife did that and now they need to replace the disc drive because the disc is stuck in it (to it).

RADAR

Magic,

You can set up a favorite list of channels. That makes things a lot nicer, instead of hundreds of channels to wade through, you only have a few to a dozen on each sat. You can orgainize your fav ch listings any way you like, it is very versatile and works really slick. Read the AZ-Guide and it will inform you of the how-to's.

RADAR
Thank You very much! I'd been looking for that screen and thought it wasn't there because of the FW version. Now we're getting somewhere!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts