I need help too!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bobhud

Original poster
Oct 14, 2007
Topeka, KS
I've lost my Denver channels and my signal from W1. At 1st I thought it was time to get a new lnb since I have had it since 1993. So I bought one of those BSC621 lnbf for my system and installed it, but I am not get a very good signal from it.
My old lnb was getting 98 quality signal off of G3, now I am getting between the mid 70's to low 80's on G3. I am getting only a 46 quality signal on T4 600-615.
I still cannot receive the vertical channels of W1 or any vertical channels that I have noticed.
W4 TR16 just flicker with a snowy picture.
My wife is gonna kill me if I don't get the Denver channels back.
I spent hours trying the tweak the signal, but doesn't explain the complete loss of W1 channels.
Anybody have any thoughts?
Bob

The first think comes to mine would be checking the servo motor if your system as one. Also sounds like your dish may be out of adjustment which might also explain W1 problem, I'd recheck you elevation setting and then make sure everything is tight. Otherwise some more information on what you have in your system might help.

Last edited:
Anybody have any thoughts?
Do you have an FTA receiver to help setup?
Is you BUD mesh, and does it have a center hole?
If so, drive the Dish to your True South.
Pop the Feed Cap off
Stand behind the Dish and look up into the Feedhorn
You should see a 1/4" metal rod, that should be Horizontal, make necessary adjustments
In the 4DTV receiver, go to the LNB setup menu, select "LNBF" and "Rotated 90"
Try locking again.

Ok Thanks for the suggestions.
Sergi...Servo motor...Yes it was probably bad, that is one of the reasons I opted for buying a lnbf. I didn't want to mess with a servo motor if I didn't have too. Jury still out on that to see if I made the right decision.
I bought some tools to help with the alignment process last week (small torpedo level, satellite meter, inclinometer), but it has been to cold to work on it. The only thing I was able to do was check the base of the dish and it does not show level. So that should probably be my 1st order of business when it warm up a little more. The base is a three leg support on a cement slab sitting on an slight incline in my back yard.
Next I'll check incline/elevation, after 17 years I am sure it needs adjusting. Oh! and everything appears to be tight on the dish itself. We had a wet winter, that may have knocked it out of alignment by sinking in the ground.
Lak7....FTA...Yes and No. I have one but it is not connected. Never really used it, so I unplugged it. I suppose I could plug it back in if you have a plan of action for it.
Dish description...I have a Echostar 7.5ft mesh, with a solid metal center plat. No hole in it.
Before I wrote my original post, I had already done part of what you wrote. However, I did not drive the dish to due south. As soon, I get my alignment with the base and dish worked out, I will go back and use your troubleshooting suggestions.
Thanks, I will keep you guys informed of my progress. I've never done any alignment work on my dish so I may have more questions.
Bob

I have a Echostar 7.5ft mesh...
... I've never done any alignment work on my dish so I may have more questions.
The three or four pages on Geo-Orbit may give you some of the basics.
If you have any questions or just want to brainstorm your plan, the guys here are a great help! - ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)