I need help with Pansat 3500 and SD card

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Hambone

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 4, 2005
I thought I would mess around and try to edit my channels on the 3500 so I bought an SD card and reader. I downloaded G-Tools from the Pansat site and downloaded my receivers channels onto the SD card. My channels from the receiver were saved on the card with a BIN extension and G-Tools wants a GTD extension. How do I make the 3500 save the file as a GTD or what am I doing wrong? Thanks.

when you save the name, put a .gtd at the end of the name and it should allow you to work with it.

I was going to try that but I couldn't find a "." in the available letters and symbols. I'll look again and see if I missed it. Thanks.

oh crap I thought you meant you already had this on the computer...sorry

I dont know exactly how to do it that way.

I went ahead and downloaded Channel Master and it opened my channel list BIN file on the SD card. I was then able to save it as a GTD file and then I was able to use G-Tools to open it. I think I like Channel Master better anyway from the little that I've messed with them so far. Sure seems like G-Tools should work straight from the SD card since it's what Pansat offers on there web site. I'll have another go at it tonight and see if I missed I missed something simple. Thanks.

I was going to mention Channelmaster but didn’t know if you had it.

I use CM and it works really well…well as I put it the other day “this thing kicks ass”. I use it on my KUSat 2600, Coolsat 5000 and Pansat 6000

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts