I need help.....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dmoney97

Original poster
Dec 3, 2008
i have one dish that works fine, it has two wires running from the dish to a switch box that spits out 4 wires that run to the receivers. I have a second dish that has 4 wires coming out of the dish, now here's the problem, i don't have a switch box for this, but i run the wires straight to the receivers, well if i have two of the receivers running they will work, but only those two, the other wires send no signal to the those receivers, but the same signal is working on the other boxes, my question is what kind of switch box do i need to get to make all 4 receivers work. is it the 4 in 4 out switch box, and if so will it work? or can i cheat since 2 cables work, i can just get a 2 in 2 out switch box. hopefully this isnt to confusing, thanks

Need more info to help you.

Try Menu>Setup>Setup & under Info you should see your Dish type.

You can try this for each different configured receiver to see the different type.

We also need to know which model number of each receiver in Info & Test.

Where do you live, maybe your 2nd dish is for the old locals on 72.5.

If your 4 output dish is a slimline I would only use that one & purchase the correct switch to feed all your equipment. This all depends if your locals are now mirrored in Mpeg-4 on 99/103. Under Menu>Setup>setup>Satellite> Signal Strength>Signal meter you can toggle through all the satellites & if you see 99/101/103/110/119 you have a slimline & are ready to go.

Need more info to help you.

Try Menu>Setup>Setup & under Info you should see your Dish type.

You can try this for each different configured receiver to see the different type.

We also need to know which model number of each receiver in Info & Test.

Where do you live, maybe your 2nd dish is for the old locals on 72.5.

If your 4 output dish is a slimline I would only use that one & purchase the correct switch to feed all your equipment. This all depends if your locals are now mirrored in Mpeg-4 on 99/103. Under Menu>Setup>setup>Satellite> Signal Strength>Signal meter you can toggle through all the satellites & if you see 99/101/103/110/119 you have a slimline & are ready to go.

jtwex,
Like jtwex said above, more info needed ....
IF you do have the Slimline set up, you need a WB 68 Multi Switch, you would then run all the lines off that MS.
You need 4 lines coming from the Slimline dish to the WB 68 and then the rec's go from there.

if this is NOT your set up, you would be wise to call and have D* update your dish as the slimline seems to be the current and up to date one that will handle all the mpeg4 channels

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts