I need help..!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jself1982

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 15, 2006
South Carolina
Ok, haven't had time to mess with the FTA system until today, and... about 2 or so weeks ago I upgraded my system to the Invacom qph-031 w/ 22khz switch...since then, I still haven't been able to get any clear channels on the circular side--linear is still working fine...this is what I have changed,

On my Fortec Mercury II, I have went in and selected User-Defined LNB, at first I changed the Low to 10750 and high to 11250, and then changed the settings on the DBS sat's to 11250 as the low and the high as you all said to do--I have changed all I knew to, tried the On/Off option on the 22khz, tried using USALS/Disecq options as the positioners and still nothing on the DBS side but scrambled channels. I have manually entered in the info from Lyngsat (the tp info where the Free audio is at) and still nothing--I don't even get the NASA or anything on 119 like you all say you have, not even the YOU'VE GOT DISH 500 channel--nor does it even work on Nimiq sat's. I get the scrambled channels fine (still scrambled that is) but no audio channels.

Also, outside on my dish, the 22khz switch I got from Sadoun is making a clicking noise...why? I don't know, anyone familiar with this? I made sure at the time of installation that everything was powered down and unplugged...and it has made this noise since then. Also, since I installed this switch and the Invacom I have had the worst time trying to get the motor to move between satellites, sometimes having to go into the menu and select the move dish option several times. Anyone familiar with this?

So could someone please explain step by step to me how to get my money's worth with this Invacom, otherwise its doing me no good than what I had before.

All I want is some step by step instructions on how to make this thing work.....Thanks!

Josh

The Invacom QPH-031 is a STANDARD LNBF the L.O. should be be 10750 (only) on the Linear outputs. No high and low.

I would remove the switch for now and run one cable to the Linear side, make sure all is well with the CORRECT L.O. (10750)

Then move the cable to the Circular output, and change the L.O. to 11250. Make sure it works.

Only then add the switch.

(I use a 2 way DiSEqC switch on my Invacom QPH-031)
When using a 22Khz switch I would set it up as ON for the Circular side and Off for the Linear side. (In antenna set up screen SORRY do not have the Fortec Mercury II)

Last edited:
Ok, will go do that now.

On the menu on the DBS sat's I change the LNB to User-defined and keep the LO Low/High both at 11250? as for Linear would be low/high both at 10750? Correct?

Don't have the Fortec Mercury II!

On the Fortec Classic NA its just 10750 or 11250

Ok, I changed the wires and got it going directly to the C, changed the LNB on Fortec to 11250 both High/Low, now doing a power scan on 119...its picking up TP's but how will I know if this is the right location? Is this where I would get NASA FTA?

Ok, now it works--going straight to C only without the switch...is this meaning that something is wrong with the switch? the cables? the motor?

You probably had the settings wrong, with the LO low and high. MyTheater has that sort of setting for the Local Oscillator, why two values I don't know. But both should be 11250 for the circular sats and 10750 for the linear sats. Try setting it that way and re-installing the switch.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts