I need to attach another HDMI to my Samsung TV?

Dishdude is right. I was checking some Samsung tvs at Bestbuy and Amazon before Thanksgiving. Only 2 HDMI ports! No excuse for that. Yes, they were budget tvs. Still though. Less expensive brands offer 3 or 4.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Dishdude is right. I was checking some Samsung tvs at Bestbuy and Amazon before Thanksgiving. Only 2 HDMI ports! No excuse for that. Yes, they were budget tvs. Still though. Less expensive brands offer 3 or 4.
That is annoying. Even worse is the complete absence of component inputs these days. :mad:

You are dating yourself. ;) Think I finally got rid of all those cables a few years ago.
I use both HDMI and component to get HD out of my H3 to two different TVs. That's even more elegant than having to buy an adapter, and I get to watch them both at once. Which of course I had to buy anyhow to drive this 4K Roku TV once I upgraded to it.

Well, my 3-input 1-output automatic switch works quite well except for 2 devices that are on all the time: a Joey and a FireTV Stick. So I just devoted one of them to my 2nd HDMI input. Problem solved.
If you hold the Home button on the FireTV Stick, doesn't it bring up the menu to select sleep? I have an older FireTV Stick and a 4K model also, both do this. With this, when I wake my FireTvStick, my Sony HT system switches to the FireTvStice. Alas, the Dish Hopper 3 is always on and I must exert my finger on the remote button to switch to the H3.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheKrell
If you hold the Home button on the FireTV Stick, doesn't it bring up the menu to select sleep? I have an older FireTV Stick and a 4K model also, both do this. With this, when I wake my FireTvStick, my Sony HT system switches to the FireTvStice. Alas, the Dish Hopper 3 is always on and I must exert my finger on the remote button to switch to the H3.
Mine is a Fire TV Cube and yes you are correct. Sleep is one of the selections.
And on my Sony Bravia smart tv if I press the home button the tv switches to it.
Pretty much the same with the Roku. But.
With the 2 auto switches I have, that doesn't happen. An inconvenience? Yup.
I'm guessing that's why they sit in a drawer along with an Apple TV (aka: iSpend).
As for my Edison mio, using HDMI-CEC just causes problems so it's not used.
Bottom line I 'spose is sleeping a device or devices to keep a switch from switchin' is a royal pita.