I need to vent about D* Billing.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

deltadave

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 15, 2006
Atlanta
I need to vent and since I don't have time to call retention:

As my name implies I work for an airline. At one time I was frontline customer service so if anyone understand things happen and little issues arising it's me, but I am about to loose my cool with D* over billing and it's hard to make me loose my cool.

My D* statement updates online on the 29th. I got the same deal everyone else gets with reduced priced packages and the got the free upgrade to the HR20. The problem is I didn't talk D* into the free HR20 until the 2nd call. The $399 charge had been pushed through in the week between my first call and my second (back in August). Last month I was billed $133.33 for a partial payment on the HR20. Also billed S&H twice and for an OTA I didn't need. D* took all this crap off my bill on 8/29 (when It first showed up). So, between ALL of their mess ups, my bill should have been about $2 this month (after crediting me for $133, S&H, and OTA). Guess what, I just went online and see what they are going to bill to my CC - $135. I AM SO FREAKING MAD RIGHT NOW! I JUST WANT TO JUMP UP AND SCREAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here I go again. AGAIN I have to get on the phone with retention, explain my story and wait a month for this charge to come off. I am starting to get confused with numbers and the way everything reads online so if they screw me again next month I am at the point of not catching it! I HAVE HAD IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AARRRRGGGGHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for listening - I am at work right now so this board is the only group that understands my woes!

And no, I can't cancel….I need that ST, I love the HR20 and I like the HD. I will tell you this - autobilling is done as of now! Again, thanks for listening and have a great evening! :hatsoff:

Sorry, I know what that's like. When I got my "free" hd dvr a little while ago, got put on the 3 x $99 cycle. It took about 45 days and about 5 to 6 calls to get it straight.

No to Autopay! It's just asking for trouble.

Not to be the nelly here, but that is why you never auto pay any service. I tried this once with AT&T myself and the amaxing thing is how quick a company is to take the money and how slow they are to retun it. This happened to to be about 7 years ago for 200.00 (IIRC) and it took like 65 days to get a refund, when I asked for my 8% ... they laughed. Well I was the bigger of the twi and filed a small claims suit, I made 400.00, becuase they did not respond to a motion.

The way I see it, auto-pay is dumb, online pay (with a CC) is VERY smart.

Sorry to hear about your problem ... that really stinks. You should just sue them ... a small claims motion in most states is only $35 ... and they will not respond!!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)