I-NET TECH channel on YouTube - FTA setup

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Sadoun

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 27, 2005
Columbus, OHIO
I have watched a couple of videos on this channel called I-Net Tech on YouTube by a guy called Christopher from Canada.

It is kind of neat to see young people getting involved like this in technology, video reporting, and FTA hobby.

See this video, one of his earliest ones a year ago on "How to setup an FTA system":

Then this one more recent on "How to setup a motorized satellite system":

You can see he is progressing in his video production.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, welcome here Christopher. Glad to see you are on Satelliteguys.

Good videos by the way. I subscribed to your channel and added you as one of my favorites. Keep up the good work.

Good job Christopher>raised a question for me though. What firmware # are you using on your Mercury2 ? The menus look different from mine, I think the version I have is 1.53. The signal strength meter looked a lot better on your version.

I'm running a fairly old version, I've never upgraded it and I got that receiver about a year and a half ago. I seem to remember it was the latest at that time though.

Hello Christopher. Those were some really cool videos. You covered the setup details nicely! It reminded me somewhat of watching a TechTV segment when they used to be on the air.

Your Merc II is running some much nicer firmware (from the graphical appearance of it) compared to mine... :) I would like to know that firmware version as well if you get a chance to post about it.

Byron

Hi Christopher, greetings from the east coast of Canada. Nice setup you have there and I enjoyed your fta setup video. Was that an hf rig I noticed? Are you a ham?

The firmware in question is from a third party vendor. We have received several systems for repair displaying a similar GUI, but don't recall the file naming.

The first step in our check-in process is the elimination of any third party firmware for legal reasons.

Hi Christopher, greetings from the east coast of Canada. Nice setup you have there and I enjoyed your fta setup video. Was that an hf rig I noticed? Are you a ham?

I am a ham radio operator and the HF rig you noticed was my Kenwood TS-450S. I don't talk on the HF bands too much as most of my radio work is centred around VHF/UHF but I do do a fair amount of listening.

The video says "49 Latitude", but it looks like it is set at 55 on the scale. What gives?

Goo eye Merkin, I can't say I noticed that. That clip must have been taken before I adjusted my motor - I was doing a fair amount of messing around when I first received it but it is set to a latitude of about 49 now.

Also for anyone who may be interested I've made a video showing some of the FTA channels from 87W to 125W (what my LOS permits). Hopefully I'll have that video up on the channel as soon as I get my main computer back on line.

Also for anyone who may be interested I've made a video showing some of the FTA channels from 87W to 125W (what my LOS permits). Hopefully I'll have that video up on the channel as soon as I get my main computer back on line.

Good to know. Post it here as well when you have it up.

For those that may be interested

My video showing off some of the more popular FTA channels from 87 through to 125W
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3cqKIqj1Jg"]YouTube- Free Satellite TV Channels[/ame]

Christopher,

Nice video. I would have used a Chroma screen behind you and filled in some graphics or pictures. But, excellent nevertheless.

If you are looking for a part time job doing some videos, I can hire you for a few days/weeks to shoot some videos here at my company. I have got all the equipment needed. I just need a smart guy like you to lead the project.

Let me know by PM if you are interested?

Can I use your video on my website?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)