I noted that wallmart's now selling FTA satellite receiver!

Oh, carp.
It's a FreeSat receiver, usable ONLY in the United Kingdom (formerly Great Britain). There's no antennas listed for sale, either. If they let one loose in the US, there's gonna be trouble. Expect newbies with reasonable questions in UNreasonable situations. The actual unit is a "GTMedia V8 Nova DVB-S2 Freesat Satellite Receiver".

Reactions: N5XZS
That's funny they they show in American dollar sign instead of British Pound and the recevier's price of mid $ 30's!:rolleyes:

I wonder the Wallmart's webmaster lost track of everything's. I think wallmart got too big IMHO.:p

Oh, carp.
It's a FreeSat receiver, usable ONLY in the United Kingdom (formerly Great Britain). There's no antennas listed for sale, either. If they let one loose in the US, there's gonna be trouble. Expect newbies with reasonable questions in UNreasonable situations. The actual unit is a "GTMedia V8 Nova DVB-S2 Freesat Satellite Receiver".

That receiver works fine here in the US. There's two versions, blue and orange. The orange has a scart connector but also has HDMI and will work here in the states.

Hey, Welcome to SatGuys, ReggieA!

It's essentially a gussied up Freesat V8, of which I have two and neither of which has held up. The receiver part works fine, it's the motor driving that gives it intermittent fits. If an X2 Mini and Koqit V5 will drive the motor and two Freesat V8s falter you know there's something weak inside.

Well the one I found was a Freesat V7s HD FTA DVB-S2/S support bisskey and video up to 1080p and with US ac plug for $34.53 on Wallmart's website or Wallmart's apps.:) So there's 2 different models out there.:)

Well the one I found was a Freesat V7s HD FTA DVB-S2/S support bisskey and video up to 1080p and with US ac plug for $34.53 on Wallmart's website or Wallmart's apps.:) So there's 2 different models out there.:)

They're all from third-party sellers not affiliated with Walmart. You can purchase them through Walmart.com but they are not on a shelf in a store-

Untitled.png

Cn, I know they are not in the self just internet orders.:)

Just surprised that Wallmart has gone this far with 3rd party sellers.:rolleyes:

Kinda interesting to see how the market changes over river of time...:)

Last edited:
Walmart just relists products without agreement or reseller status. I've have several Titanium product customers indicate that they had purchased via online Walmart. The sales order showed that it had been shipped from Amazon stock.

BTW... let's not promote the Freesat receiver's on this site as they automatically provide theft of service. I know, old news, but just a reminder...

let's not promote the Freesat receiver's on this site as they automatically provide theft of service. I know, old news, but just a reminder...

I was previously told by KE4EST that it is now ok to discuss their receivers. If that has changed, there needs to be an announcement about that.

Also, just FYI- they are now called GTMedia, which, if I'm not mistaken, developed and produces Orby's receivers.

I was previously told by KE4EST that it is now ok to discuss their receivers. If that has changed, there needs to be an announcement about that.
I can't remember the conversation word for word haha! But I know I mentioned their hacks stopped working. However, best not to promote guys that willingly would sell hack equipment, just to make a buck.

I'm not an apologist for Freesat or GTMedia. I do stand behind the V8 Nova Blue as a good mid-range FTA receiver for a fair price. I own one and use it to stream audio to my office every day. It works great and is easily programmable.

Unless you're going out of your way to try and be a hacker, it isn't obviously available in the menus.

Reactions: raydio
Orby receivers are (or were a Kaon Media product). Has this changed on new Orby STBs?

This photo was part of Scott Greczkowski recent thread about his Orby self-install. I can't tell if this is the STB or some kind of satellite finder. Either way, Orby is using at least one GTMedia product as part of their package.

A9368193-EBF5-499F-A3B1-3646496B2A64.jpeg

This photo was part of Scott Greczkowski recent thread about his Orby self-install. I can't tell if this is the STB or some kind of satellite finder. Either way, Orby is using at least one GTMedia product as part of their package.

View attachment 141370
Yep, as Titanium said, that is the satellite finder. Also, I don't think they include it free for everyone as they are selling them for $20 on their website along with the self install kit for $70. :rolleyes:

Buy Online

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)