I now have an OTA - Now what?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Another quick question. I'm reading where the Zenith Silver Sensor is a UHF antenna, which covers channels 14-69. My local channels are:

CBS - 6
ABC - 8
NBC - 12
FOX - 35

Doesn't it seem that all of my local channels are in the VHF range (2-13)? How would the Silver Sensor work for me if it is a UHF antenna? Sorry if this is a dumb question. Just trying to learn.

Or is 6-1, 8-1, 12-1, and 35-1 in the UHF range? I have no idea. :no

DobyMax said:
Another quick question. I'm reading where the Zenith Silver Sensor is a UHF antenna, which covers channels 14-69. My local channels are:

CBS - 6
ABC - 8
NBC - 12
FOX - 35

Doesn't it seem that all of my local channels are in the VHF range (2-13)? How would the Silver Sensor work for me if it is a UHF antenna? Sorry if this is a dumb question. Just trying to learn.

Or is 6-1, 8-1, 12-1, and 35-1 in the UHF range? I have no idea. :no

If you go back to antennaweb, you'll see the frequency assignment is the far right column. This is the "channel" that they are broadcasting on. All of your channels are in the UHF range. Digital transmissions work a little better in this range, but they keep their old channel label (ie 6, 8 , 12, 35) so people aren't confused about which channel is which. The 6-1, 8-1, 12-1, and 35-1 labels will show up in your guide.

hey folks,

i too am a little ignorant when it comes to all of this. i am in the DC area (sub to DC D** locals). i have major troubles getting my locals in HD via OTA. i am working this from my basement and have a window directly behind the tv so i hope to try the silver sensor and get this worked out... but can i get the distant channels thru waiver? i looked on the website listed above and there are several DC channels listed. how do i go about this, in details an idiot can understand???

HELP!

blkbone33 said:
hey folks,
i too am a little ignorant when it comes to all of this. i am in the DC area (sub to DC D** locals). i have major troubles getting my locals in HD via OTA. i am working this from my basement and have a window directly behind the tv so i hope to try the silver sensor and get this worked out... but can i get the distant channels thru waiver? i looked on the website listed above and there are several DC channels listed. how do i go about this, in details an idiot can understand???
HELP!

Directv has laucnhed the DC area locals in HD allready
so you wont have any problem getting the DC locals from directv

Only that you have to have is the H20 and 5 LNB At9 dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)