OTHER I only get a picture with signal meter attached...

SarahBorealis

Original poster
Sep 17, 2014
I have an issue that seems weird to me, but maybe it's not. I haven't had tv all summer, I thought it was because the leaves came out, but now I know that it's probably due to crappy equipment. I have a viewsat box and a no-name lnb, it was a kit, a $100 kit. I have a Manhatten box on the way and a new lnb, but right now my question is about my current signal. I'm pointed at Galaxy 19. It took me 3 days to get a signal, last year and this year both times. So I ordered a new meter and that has helped a lot! So much in fact that if I remove the meter I get nothing. I thought I was moving the dish as I reconnected everything but no, if I reconnect the meter my tv works. Then I remove it, put the wires back (and I've tried changing the wires and where they go) and nothing. I've tried powering down, powering back up, wiring without the motor, I'm confused. My husband is confused. Why is this happening?

I have an issue that seems weird to me, but maybe it's not. I haven't had tv all summer, I thought it was because the leaves came out, but now I know that it's probably due to crappy equipment. I have a viewsat box and a no-name lnb, it was a kit, a $100 kit. I have a Manhatten box on the way and a new lnb, but right now my question is about my current signal. I'm pointed at Galaxy 19. It took me 3 days to get a signal, last year and this year both times. So I ordered a new meter and that has helped a lot! So much in fact that if I remove the meter I get nothing. I thought I was moving the dish as I reconnected everything but no, if I reconnect the meter my tv works. Then I remove it, put the wires back (and I've tried changing the wires and where they go) and nothing. I've tried powering down, powering back up, wiring without the motor, I'm confused. My husband is confused. Why is this happening?

Maybe the LNB is not getting power from the receiver. Check your receiver settings to verify that the lnb power is on. A powered meter would be providing power to the lnb so it would work then.

Or if it's a universal LNB, maybe the meter is providing 22kHz and the receiver isn't.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)