I ordered one of these...

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Yeah my DISH is a 8 foot dish. Last year I was able to sometimes get / sometimes not get the RTV mux.

I went out last night and spent an hour on the ladder and was unable to pull it in by screwing with the LNB. The NASA mux on the 87 satellite is coming in booming at 85%

Oh well... I can just keep hoping that RTV moves transponders or changes its FEC.

the S2 channels are touchy for me with a 10 foot dish. Sometimes they come in, some times not. I almost always have to 'bump' the dish back and forth a few times before they come in.

Hopefully this will all be solved in a few months (PLEASE HURRY!) when they put up that replacement satellite for 87 ! :popcorn

Everyone that needs to know all about C band alignment etc need to get this book. I got a copy locally in 1988. Best investment I ever made. Once you learn the tricks its a piece of cake setting and tracking the arc.

The Home Satellite TV Installation & Troubleshooting Manual

Skyvision Satellite Equipment

Also if your somewhat peaked up look at this video I put up from the old Sky Store about alignment:

4DTV Online Video's
Very nice tutorials.

Yeah my DISH is a 8 foot dish. Last year I was able to sometimes get / sometimes not get the RTV mux.

I went out last night and spent an hour on the ladder and was unable to pull it in by screwing with the LNB. The NASA mux on the 87 satellite is coming in booming at 85%

Oh well... I can just keep hoping that RTV moves transponders or changes its FEC.
Scott i have noticed that during the summer days RTv will be a hard lock with my 6 footer but night and mournings plus after summer is over it booms in pretty good here (4080 AMC3).

the S2 channels are touchy for me with a 10 foot dish. Sometimes they come in, some times not. I almost always have to 'bump' the dish back and forth a few times before they come in.

Hopefully this will all be solved in a few months (PLEASE HURRY!) when they put up that replacement satellite for 87 ! :popcorn

I bet that SES 2 will help out when it is launched to replace GE3. GE3 was launched in 1997, so it has been up for 14 years. That is longer than Spacenet 3 was there, if I remember correctly, Spacenet 3 was launched in 1988, so it was just there for 9 years.

Ordered an arc-set after reading this thread,and just had time today to try it out.Best investment ive ever spent money on!!!.I had my 10' Channel Master solid dish set up on the arc within 15minutes getting signals up to 75-90% on s2 feeds across the arc, including both rtv feeds on 87w.I now get the complete arc from 58w-135w.Just wanted to say thank you Scott for this thread on the arc-set.

Very cool! As I said I didn't post this thread as an advertisement for Arc Set, just a VERY satisfied customer!

I love it, no numbers needed... it is SO easy to get on the arc, I wish I would have found this product a long long time ago!

I am trying to set my dish on the arc using one of these arc sets. It appears that my elevation is good, I knew where to measure that. But I can't figure out where to put the arc set labeled "zenith" to set the declination. I have attached two photos of my mount. Can someone please help me to know where to put the arc set to set the declination. Thanks

MOUNT1.JPG

MOUNT2.JPG

Never mind my previous thread. A friend and I got it sorted out. I found AMC3. Watching MeTV!

Never mind my previous thread. A friend and I got it sorted out. I found AMC3. Watching MeTV!
So where did you have to place the ARC set labelled Zenith. Someone may benefit from your answer in the future. A picture will be fine too. :D

Last edited:
You can see it here..

attachment.php

My dish has a hole in the center, so stuck it on the bracket directly behind the center of the hole.

Its possible, but t least if I have to use it I know I can be back to watching TV and being on the arc in just a few minutes without having to worry about any numbers. :D

So where did you have to place the ARC set labelled Zenith. Someone may benefit from your answer in the future. A picture will be fine too. :D

Sorry for the late relply, I finally figured out that you put it in the center plate of the dish (if your dish has one).

Sorry to bother you with more questions about this, but I thought you might could provide a little bit of clarification on this post. I have my elevation and
declination set, and I am on true south.
First put one of the units so you can set the declination. Keep adjusting until the bubble is in the middle, once its there stop.

Now attach another one to the back of the dish and move your dish to the center point. Now adjust your elevation until that bubble is in the middle....

I have did these two, and when I got those (elevation and declination) adjusted, it automatically set me to my true south satellite, which is 87W. I guess a signal poped in there since I am at 87.7W.

Now use your motor and move the dish to the furthest satellite you can see for me it is 131. When the motor was at 131 that bubble was in the middle and I had to turn the dish on the pole just a smidde then boom looking at my meter I had signal! I then got on the ladder and adjusted the LNB skew and pushed it in and out until I got the highest signal possible then locked the LNB down.

So, when I do this, step, to go to the farthest west satellite, (for me that is 135W), this is where I need to peak the signal? I.E. if I adjust the skew and F/D of the LNB here, it should be correct for the rest of the arc? I ask because I have read other instructions that say to set the skew of the LNB and F/D from your true south. This is kind of confusing for me.
Maybe that is the reason I am not able to find any other satellites except for my true south and Galaxy 17

Anyway, all the help will be appreciated.

When I set it up I didnt even try hitting a satellite, the only bird I tried was the extreme bird which in my case is 131, so I spun the dish on the pole until I hit 131 and fined tuned things to get the best signal possible on 131. Once I did that I was on the arc. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts