I really feel sorry to customer on the install

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sksatellite

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2003
Had an work order from ETTV a customer lost signal, found out this customer I did a service about a year back also has no signal, but this time, the problem also related to installation that I was not detect last time.

This system was installed by a local dealer/installer that has many years so call experience but I did so many his after installtion service calls, there another local chinese dealer I also done some after service calls for him, these two dealers has one thing in common, never ground the system no mater its FTA, or dish or DTV.

Check the pictures and see what the installation is, and finally I use cement to hold the dish pole in place.

Attachments

• Bad installation ETTV 001.jpg
    Bad installation ETTV 001.jpg
    259.2 KB · Views: 248
  • Bad installation ETTV 008.jpg
    Bad installation ETTV 008.jpg
    396.2 KB · Views: 240
  • Bad installation ETTV 010.jpg
    Bad installation ETTV 010.jpg
    413.6 KB · Views: 221
  • Bad installation ETTV 014.jpg
    Bad installation ETTV 014.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 251
  • Bad installation ETTV 012.jpg
    Bad installation ETTV 012.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 237
  • Bad installation ETTV 015.jpg
    Bad installation ETTV 015.jpg
    265 KB · Views: 257
OOps. the first one is for another lazy installation for another customer. here is the pic.

Attachments

• Bad installation ETTV 006.jpg
    Bad installation ETTV 006.jpg
    378.5 KB · Views: 258
  • Bad installation ETTV 007.jpg
    Bad installation ETTV 007.jpg
    339 KB · Views: 222
I always liked fixing people messes. I couldn't sleep at night knowing that I left someones equipment looking and working like sh*t. I always treated it like it that could be my parents, how would I want it done.

Wow..... that just SUCKS. Any wonder why I hate any kind of repair/installation that requires someone else do the work?

Wow, look at these connectors. No wonder they are not getting any signal LOL.

I think if installers would take an extra 5-10 minutes to do a good installation the first time, that would make the customer's experience a whole lot better.

Some customers may think all installers do a crapy job like this. That would make them hesitate to buy satellite tv products and services in the future.

A good install will reflect better on the whole industry. A bad install will do the opposite.

A former employer of mine always used the phrase "the last five minutes on a job" when describing a proper installation.
Dressing up an installation aesthetically usually provides a reason for the customer and others to make positive comments, resulting in referrals and more work for the conscientious installer.
Part of the dressing up process also includes inspection of all things mechanical, including weatherproofing. Unfortunately the pay structure of the installation industry has forced many to cut corners, and some new installers might think that shoddy work is "normal".

sikma said:
Hey, what's wrong with cement blocks. That's the way I first mounted one of my P* dishes aimed at G10 :D
I did that cement for the dish, first I though the base cement maybe crack, but once dig in there were none. The dish also did not ground, but as least I did the grounding on the coax before enter to the house. I will suggest ETTV and Power TV and Phoenix TV, who ever did the installation on the system, at least send them picture to show the quality of the installation before they can get pay.

If I did this stuff for a living I would use a digital camera to CYA myself and to review them from time to time to see how I was doing. I find the camera can sometime give a different view on things and help spot problems.

Thanks for the post.

sksatellite said:
I did that cement for the dish, first I though the base cement maybe crack, but once dig in there were none. The dish also did not ground, but as least I did the grounding on the coax before enter to the house. I will suggest ETTV and Power TV and Phoenix TV, who ever did the installation on the system, at least send them picture to show the quality of the installation before they can get pay.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)