I should've asked this when I got the 622 . . .

Airblair

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 17, 2003
San Francisco Bay Area
Here's a dumb question that I should have asked way back when I got my 622. It's regarding the audio setup.

My 622 is connected to my Denon 1905 receiver via optical cable. The Denon can output Dolby PL2x, Dolby Digital 7.1, and DTS.

(The 622 is connected to my Mits WD52725 via component; no HDMI here.)

The main problem I have with this setup is that whenever I switch from one channel that has Dolby Digital to another one that doesn't (or vice versa), the Denon makes a loud click as it switches modes. That can't be good for my receiver, can it?

If I go into the 622's menu, and select 6 (System Setup) and then 7 (Dolby Digital), I have two choices to make.

The first one asks: Dolby Digital/PCM, Dolby Digital only, or PCM only.

The second choice asks: Line Mode or RF Mode.

What the hell should I answer? I don't know squat about any of these terms, and I don't know what the implications are if I answer one way or the other.

Attachments

• dolbydigital.jpg
    dolbydigital.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 199
The main problem I have with this setup is that whenever I switch from one channel that has Dolby Digital to another one that doesn't (or vice versa), the Denon makes a loud click as it switches modes. That can't be good for my receiver, can it?

That's Normal...........it's doing what it's suppose to be doing !

And the Setup you have in that Attachment is Fine !!

My Denon makes a click occasionallywhen changing modes, but I wouldn't call it loud. I'm also hooked up buy optical.

Here's a dumb question that I should have asked way back when I got my 622. It's regarding the audio setup.

My 622 is connected to my Denon 1905 receiver via optical cable. The Denon can output Dolby PL2x, Dolby Digital 7.1, and DTS.

(The 622 is connected to my Mits WD52725 via component; no HDMI here.)

If I go into the 622's menu, and select 6 (System Setup) and then 7 (Dolby Digital), I have two choices to make.

The first one asks: Dolby Digital/PCM, Dolby Digital only, or PCM only.

The second choice asks: Line Mode or RF Mode.

What the hell should I answer? I don't know squat about any of these terms, and I don't know what the implications are if I answer one way or the other.

Dolby digital/ Pcm and Line mode. Thats what I have and it gives me the best sound.

Dolby digital/ Pcm and Line mode. Thats what I have and it gives me the best sound.

Only Dolby digital/pcm matter for optical. Line/RF matter if you are using RCA connectors. Line if you connecting to a Dolby Stereo surround receiver with RCA connectors. RF is suggested if a simple stereo or to your TV speakers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)