I still don't get the new HD package pricing?

jeffwtux

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 25, 2003
If you have an 811(921 or 942) the HDPak will remain $9.99, right? Ok, but if you upgrade to the 211 then the price is $14.99? So if you have an 811 and subscribe to VOOM, you are paying the same price as you would if you had a 211 and got the additional MPEG4 channels? That doesn't seem fair.

no.

The New HD package is $20, a $5.01 increase from the old HD pack and original voom

if you're referring to have AEP and HD (called platinum) then yeah that's only $15 for the HD channels

BFG said:
no.

The New HD package is $20, a $5.01 increase from the old HD pack and original voom

if you're referring to have AEP and HD (called platinum) then yeah that's only $15 for the HD channels

That's not what the website says. It says the Bronze package includes AT60+locals($34.99)+23 HD channels for $49.99. What am I missing?

bronze w/locals is $54.99 , that's what your missing. the $49.99 price is without locals

So if you upgrade to a 211, do you have to take the VOOM channels or can you just take the new MPeg4 channels?

nope, there's no way to exclude channels for a lower price. all the HD channels (except for premiums) come together and add a cost of $20 to each AT package and take on a new DishHD name

The package I'm interested in is the AT120 value pack for $59.99 along with all the non premium HD channels, but I don't see a place to add the HD channels or a cost for those channels.
I've read that you can order the separate HD channels, but I've read different price points on the package, some stating the HD channels would cost $19.95, other stating it would cost $29.99.
Is ordering this possible, or would I have to order the HD Silver package and then order HBO and Cinemax separately which would bring the cost up to around $85.00?

Videomax said:
The package I'm interested in is the AT120 value pack for $59.99 along with all the non premium HD channels, but I don't see a place to add the HD channels or a cost for those channels.
I've read that you can order the separate HD channels, but I've read different price points on the package, some stating the HD channels would cost $19.95, other stating it would cost $29.99.
Is ordering this possible, or would I have to order the HD Silver package and then order HBO and Cinemax separately which would bring the cost up to around $85.00?

Without locals the AT120 is 39.99. Without locals the HD silver package is 59.99. It includes the AT120 and non premium HD channels.

Don't forget that Platinum subscribers bypass the DVR fees. Since I will have 5 PVRs on my account in 2 weeks when the 622 is installed, it's a no brainer for me.....

Yeah the priceing on the Bronze,Sliver,Gold,Plat is with out the locals. So you add $5 bucks more to that if you want your locals. Like I picked the Sliver plan due to Im already have been on the AT120 which is the HDSliver Plan which is $59.99 but you add $5 buck to that if you want your locals which makes it $65 or $64.99.

and if he wants the value pack like he said, he adds another $20

so Dish HD Silver Value Pak w/locals is $84.99

So, just to be clear, the $84.99 HD Silver Value Pak with locals would include the AT120, HBO, Cinemax, the HD and local channels?
If correct, that's a decent price. I'm currentlly paying $69.00 for just the Comcast Standard package with Classic Digital and an HD box. I get 11 HD channels which isn't bad, but not as good as the HD channels Dish has.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)