I swear this is B.S.

earth station

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 14, 2004
I've got a DHA customer w/ 522 & two 510s. He has talked to the call center multiple times about upgrading to an 811, and they tell him he would have to buy an 811 for $500. He asked numerous times why he can't lease one, or exchange one of his other boxes to stay within the 4 tuner limit. They said we don't have to give you a reason.

I called myself cause I'm not satisfied with their B.S. They said he can't have one because there is not a current promotion for existing DHA customers to upgrade to HD.

I see DISH work orders everyday for 811 upgrades for existing lease customers. I've been in homes installing 811s w/ customers that have a 522 or 322. I don't understand what the deal is?

I've yet to determine if CEO@Dish is even worth writing to.

Yet another reason I switched to Directv. I had enough of Dish's lies and excuses, or in this case the lack therof. Dish seriously needs to re-evaluate their business plan. I hope these people who are having difficulties get this problem resolved. I know exactly the frustration they are going through. I went through it myself numerous times.

earth station said:
I've got a DHA customer w/ 522 & two 510s. He has talked to the call center multiple times about upgrading to an 811, and they tell him he would have to buy an 811 for $500. He asked numerous times why he can't lease one, or exchange one of his other boxes to stay within the 4 tuner limit. They said we don't have to give you a reason.

I called myself cause I'm not satisfied with their B.S. They said he can't have one because there is not a current promotion for existing DHA customers to upgrade to HD.

I see DISH work orders everyday for 811 upgrades for existing lease customers. I've been in homes installing 811s w/ customers that have a 522 or 322. I don't understand what the deal is?

i was in that exact same situation. (1 522 & 2 510's) i ended up emailing ceo@echostar.com and from there an executive csr helped me lease an 811 for a $50 setup fee, and i kept all of my other boxes. my email was responded to very quickly, and i was surprised at how helpful they were. maybe i just got lucky.

earth station said:

Don't fall for it. I'm a DHA sub'r as well with the top 180 & HD pack. I'm a fairly new customer to E*, since late Aug. of last year. When they came and did the install I got an 811, 301, & 322.

A few weeks prior to x-mas I called E* with the interest of replacing my 301 with another 811. At first the csr I spoke with said they could do a one time swap out for a $50 fee, then when I said I'd have to think about it, he said they would do it for $25. I thought about it for a few days then called back to get the ball rolling, and some csr yahoo said no they wouldn't do it, and in fact I would have to purchase the second 811. I immediately hung up, called back and asked to speak with a csr manager. I can't remember his name, but he was very helpful. I told him what I wanted to do, to which he replied "No problem". My second 811 arrived on Dec. 28th.

Don't get haggled by some young punk csr yahoo. Be persistent, and ask to speak with a csr manager.

It worked!

Email sent to CEO@DISH

I have a customer that wants to upgrade to HD with an 811. They have a 522 and two 510s. Would like to give up a 510 for an 811. Call Center says they have to buy one. Customer wants to lease one. Call center says no. Customer asks why. Call center says "we don't have to give you a reason."

How can we get this customer an 811?

(Customer info here)

===============

email sent

===============

22 minutes later - response from DISH executive office as follows:

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. The customer technically does not qualify for this swap out since they have not met their 1 year anniversary yet. Similar to a cell phone subscriber calling up to upgrade their phone and they have no yet met their original agreement and must pay in full for the equipment.

I will contact the customers first thing tomorrow, January 6th, and set up a special return authorization to have their 510 unit sent in for an exchange of our model 811 HD receiver.

Executive Office of DISH Network
(720) 514-7083 Phone
(303) 723-2063 Fax

Enforcer said:
Yet another reason I switched to Directv.....

Well D* would not upgrade my worn out 16 bit box (actually the remote!) or my 8 bit box even though I had been a sub for nearly 6 years and had been a terrestrial DSL Customer. So please don’t put them on too high of a pedestal. :mad:

I'm in the same boat. I have been with DISH for a year and 3 months and they said I don't qualify for a lease for a 811 box. When I asked they told me they could not actually tell me the reason and they gave me possible reasons. I confirmed asking "So you can only tell me that I don't qualify but you can't specify why?" and they said "Correct". I was very disapointed, I have a plasma tv and signal looks horrible, why should I be paying the extra money for satalite if I can get better picture using cable for a cheaper price? I've been with them for a year and 3 months I don't understand why they wouldn't let me lease or let me use any of there promotions.

This is all very peculiar because it happened to me also! I think that there is either a serious communication problem in the India customer service center, or the csr's get a commision of hardware sales. Having read of this problem on other forums, as well, I was prepared for the " you are not qualified to get the 811 lease upgrade, but we will sell you one..." even though the "my account" page on E*.com said I WAS qualified. So I interrupted the CSR, named Violet, and told her that I was going to call back to get someone else who could correctly process my upgrade. She said that changing CSR's would not solve the problem. I waited 20 minutes, then called the service desk again and spoke to Eddie, who DID process my 811 lease upgrade without any problems.

This is happening to too many people and CEO's at E* should fix it.

Dave

Yes, dish's leasing policy is the craziest thing in the world. You can get whatever you want when you sign up but once you pick your equipment, that's what you're stuck with. Dumbest thing ever. They should let you switch your equipment at anytime...

Dish needs to modify their DHA agreement to allow for such changes. Currently they don't and the cust is stuck with what they have until a year is through.

I mean, what's the point in trying to upsell a customer if they can't upgrade their equipment... I thought Dish WANTED high end customers??

I don't see what the big deal is all about. Make the cust pay a simple upgrade fee to cover some of the expenses and be done with it.

I talked to there supervisor who I believe was Indian as well and they told me I don't qualify because my mother was late 6 times on her bills, now I have to wait another 6 months to qualify, wonderful, I'm gone with dish, i'm moving to directv this is Bullsh!t.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)