I think DirecTv sent me the wrong DVR, will it still work??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

crazymom

Original poster
Mar 10, 2014
United States
I ordered the basic DVR for $99. I don't have their HD service.

The receiver says DirecTV plus, receiver plus HD recorder.

Is this a basic DVR or not? Will it work for me? We were planning to install it tomorrow.

Thanks

Edited to add: The model of it says HR24.

Last edited:
I ordered the basic DVR for $99. I don't have their HD service.

The receiver says DirecTV plus, receiver plus HD recorder.

Is this a basic DVR or not? Will it work for me? We were planning to install it tomorrow.

Thanks

Edited to add: The model of it says HR24.
Welcome to the Site !!!

This is a HD DVR, but will still work if your not paying for the HD. (it's a good one too.)

Thanks! I was hoping it would. I'm not sure why they sent me the more expensive DVR but I really don't want to wait for the correct one you know? I'm ready for tv!!

Thanks! I was hoping it would. I'm not sure why they sent me the more expensive DVR but I really don't want to wait for the correct one you know? I'm ready for tv!!

Several things may be going on, you could be in a area that they are sending out HD only boxes.

Where do you live? Some markets have their locals available only on HD boxes. Therefore, those counties can only have HD equipment. You'll get those channels in HD, but not the national channels (over 100), if you do live in one of these special areas.

Where do you live? Some markets have their locals available only on HD boxes. Therefore, those counties can only have HD equipment. You'll get those channels in HD, but not the national channels (over 100), if you do live in one of these special areas.

She will receive the (HD) locals, but will NOT be watching them in actual HD, since D* (also) locks the receiver down to 480 output, for subs in these (MPEG4) markets that do NOT pay for HD access... ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Slimine - my dish aiming works, but check out the elevation!!

I hate the new remote

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)