Jun 30, 2007
Sacramento, CA
This is what I got:

$20 off for 12 months,
$10 off for 24 months as an AAA member,
Free showtime for 12 months,
$10 off for 5 months referral deal, the other DirecTV sub gets his $50,
A $50 visa card signing up with autopay,
$99 for one HDDVR after $100 instant rebate.

If you want to find out how to get all of the above in one phone call, you can PM me, or if you have more to add please do so, I can always call them to change before the actual installation:)

You out did me. I am not a member of AAA. I did get $200 off of programming and hd dvr for $99 after the rebate.

I have already quite a few people PM me, if you could all bear with me while I try to confirm all the deals with D*. Apparently some unusual ones will take a day or two to show up on their system but I will make sure they are all there before installation.

Once I confirm everything I will PM you back individually or if too many of you are asking I will summarize here.

After some doubts were raised I finally cleared up with D* reps, I have copied and pasted below what I have finalized, there is one thing mentioned in there that happened elsewhere and makes no sense to you just ignore it.

Here you go:

Now after talking to no less than 5 different D* people, canceling then re-ordering twice, I think I had finally got it in order. And I must say dtrell was partially correct. So I want first to apologized if I said anything to offend you.

Now if you look at the two printouts blow, the first one was after I placed the first order, with the promise from the sales rep that I would get all the things I posted in the original post. Noticed the first line the "2007 Q4" code, that is what the $20/mo. off for 12 months is about, actually you will receive two rebate forms to fill out, each for $10/mo. off for 12 months, that makes it $20 off.

But no where in there can you see the AAA deal.

In the second printout, which is in fact my 3rd order, the 2007 Q4 code is gone, meaning I will get only one rebate form for $10/mo. off for 12 months (standard for all new subs regardless), but a "Programming_DummyName_292751" code appeared, that is the AAA $10/mo for 24 months. With the 2007 Q4 code gone, the one year Showtime free deal will be good, and with the 2007 Q4 code in there the Showtime deal would only be three months like the rest of the movie packs.

Additionally the referral deal was verified every time even though you don't see it in the printout, and the $50 visa card deal is shaky, I was told it is exclusive for online order by some reps, and yes I could get it by others, but I signed on to autopay anyway just in case, should know one way or the other in 8 weeks.

I will begin responding to AAA members who have PMed me later tonight when I have time, there a some pitfalls to avoid when you call, and I had gone through all of them so I can probably save you guys some aggravation. For non-AAA members, there is proof you can still call to get the $20 off for 12 months, the code name is 2007 Q4. make sense uh? Oh yeah the Showtime free for one year can not be combined with the 2007 Q4 deal.

In a nutshell, as an AAA member to sign on as a NEW customer, you get $20 off the first year, an extra $10/mo. off in the second year, and free Showtime for one year instead of 3 months.

Below are the printouts:

Welcome to DIRECTV _2007 Q4 Offer 047 B5712/471 $0.00
PLUS HD DVR P0000063640000000011 $0.00
HD Access_Tier 1 P0000063760000000011 $0.00
HBO1 $0.00
STARZ!1 $0.00
SHOWTIME1 $0.00
Cinemax1 $0.00
DVR Service1 $0.00
Standard Professional Install1 $0.00
DeliveryHandling_DummyName_293811 $0.00
DIRECTV HD DVR (Expanded HD Prog. Capable)1 $0.00
DIRECTV 5-LNB Multi-Satellite Dish1 $0.00

PLUS HD DVR P0000063640000000011 $0.00
HD Access_Tier 1 P0000063760000000011 $0.00
DIRECTV HD DVR (Expanded HD Prog. Capable)1 $0.00
Standard Professional Install1 $0.00
DeliveryHandling_DummyName_293811 $0.00
Programming_DummyName_292751 $0.00
HBO1 $0.00
STARZ!1 $0.00
SHOWTIME1 $0.00
Cinemax1 $0.00
DVR Service1 $0.00
DIRECTV 5-LNB Multi-Satellite Dish1 $0.00

Please disregard all the "0.00" they don't mean anything.

Last edited:
I got a great deal as well. :)

2 HD-DVRs (one for $99, the second for $199)
1 Standard DVR ($0)

Plus HD-DVR package for $69.99 for 2 months, $59 after that until we submit the welcome back rebate, we get an additional $10 off a month for a year, bringing the package down to $49.99

Since I am a returning customer I got the option to have the up front costs billed to me.

Since our DISH bill was close to $140 (everything pack, HD package, 2 tuner fees for the 2 HD-DVRs since we have no home phone lines) we will recoup the up front cost within 4 months.

Jason, how come you decided to come back again? I thought you didn't like D* when you tried them last time.

Better HD selection, better price, better price, better price, wife approval factor (this is a big one).

I never said I didn't like them. It's really nice they have the single wire multiswitch now. Saves them having to drill more holes.

Our 18-month committment with DISH is over this Sunday. I hated the fact that they gave up on new technologies, new channels.

Better HD selection, better price, better price, better price, wife approval factor (this is a big one).

I never said I didn't like them. It's really nice they have the single wire multiswitch now. Saves them having to drill more holes.

OK, I thought you said before you didn't like the DVR's.

BTW, how did you talk them into a SWM, I though they were making those as scarce as hens teeth?

I told the guy it was the only way I was coming back.

He did confirm that they are installing them now. He made sure to add it to my workorder and to put on there that this is a requirement for my install.

Wow, not even 2 hours later and the order is already screwed up.

I'm missing an HD-DVR, and I wasn't credited the $99 for the SD-DVR.

The guy on the phone now says their computer wont allow 2 HD-DVRs at the same time for the same order, he would have to make a second order (for another day) for the second HD-DVR.

He says that returning customers can only have one HD-DVR on order at a time.

So I ended up canceling the order. The guy was an ass anyway, since the first comment he made after I stated what the first CSR and I agreed to was "So let me get this straight: You want everything for free?"

Looks like I will be cutting our DISH bill down instead. :(

Well welcome to Ripofftv, if they say one thing you know it's another. I'm still waiting for the 100 HD channels. I sometimes miss DISH at least they did what they said they where going to do and do it. If they tell you that their sat price is one thing than it is with Ripofftv it can change within a month of a billing and then you have to fight with them to get cleared up that's when they throw in their discount all over again. 8 months to go and I feel it's back to DISH I go.

Well welcome to Ripofftv, if they say one thing you know it's another. I'm still waiting for the 100 HD channels. I sometimes miss DISH at least they did what they said they where going to do and do it.

:haha:haha:haha:haha

Tell that to the folks that purchased a 921 waiting for the "DishWire" port to be activated. Or the 6000 users waiting for the OpenTV interface to be available. Or how about ALL HD programming will be available on the 110/119 slots (that was after all HD programming would be on the SuperDish). They did finally come up with Name Based Recording on the 501/508/510 DVR's after what three or four years? Or even the "We'll be the HD leader", did Charlie mean just every now and them?

I agree with Rad on this one, DISH isn't one to do what they say either.

I agree with Rad on this one, DISH isn't one to do what they say either.

Jason. Call back and try again. They screwed my order up too. They were suppose to charge me $99 for my hd dvr and they charged me $199. I had to cancel that order and do it over again. I got everything that I had ask for with no problem. They did tell me I may lose my original install date but they gave me the number of the installer to make sure to keep the first date. Keep trying. It will be worth it.

I called back. I spoke with another customer retention rep.

She apologized for the issue and was looking back at my notes. She did say that I was to be given a $99 credit, but the notes did not say for what.

She put the order in again for me, and told me that it is possible to order a second HD-DVR at the time of initial install, but what has to happen is the supervisor has to send an email to the back office to have the HD-DVR added to the order (now why didn't the original rep tell me this, or the other rep who was an ass?). I moved my install date to Friday (one extra day) which she said would insure the change gets done to the order in time for install. She also assured me the $99 credit was to be placed right after activation on Friday.

As far as the single wire multiswitch, she told me to contact the installer tomorrow, give them my job number (which she gave me), and tell them why I want the SWM. That's easy, as it will be a PITA to run 3 more wires, let alone do I want wall fish charges for those 3 wires. Plus, I don't want any more holes drilled in my house.

She was extremely nice and assured me everything would be taken care of as promised. Too bad it took 4 people to finally get someone to agree with what was originally promised.

Well consider yourself luck, I am stil trying to figure out what promises they can keep for me what they can not from the original deals I posted!:(

Please let me know the SWM situation, I don't want pull more cables either. But I was told adding a request in the workorder is useless, you need to talk to the company, in fact the person who will actually install your system, to know what he can or can not do.

I called back. I spoke with another customer retention rep.

She apologized for the issue and was looking back at my notes. She did say that I was to be given a $99 credit, but the notes did not say for what.

She put the order in again for me, and told me that it is possible to order a second HD-DVR at the time of initial install, but what has to happen is the supervisor has to send an email to the back office to have the HD-DVR added to the order (now why didn't the original rep tell me this, or the other rep who was an ass?). I moved my install date to Friday (one extra day) which she said would insure the change gets done to the order in time for install. She also assured me the $99 credit was to be placed right after activation on Friday.

As far as the single wire multiswitch, she told me to contact the installer tomorrow, give them my job number (which she gave me), and tell them why I want the SWM. That's easy, as it will be a PITA to run 3 more wires, let alone do I want wall fish charges for those 3 wires. Plus, I don't want any more holes drilled in my house.

She was extremely nice and assured me everything would be taken care of as promised. Too bad it took 4 people to finally get someone to agree with what was originally promised.

Glad things are looking your way, hopefully everything goes smooth on Friday :).

Wow, not even 2 hours later and the order is already screwed up.

I'm missing an HD-DVR, and I wasn't credited the $99 for the SD-DVR.

The guy on the phone now says their computer wont allow 2 HD-DVRs at the same time for the same order, he would have to make a second order (for another day) for the second HD-DVR.

He says that returning customers can only have one HD-DVR on order at a time.

So I ended up canceling the order. The guy was an ass anyway, since the first comment he made after I stated what the first CSR and I agreed to was "So let me get this straight: You want everything for free?"

Looks like I will be cutting our DISH bill down instead. :(

I forgot to mention two things, you do not have to order as a return customer. If your previous account was under your name, this time use your wife's name. This is exactly what I am doing. There is no limit on how many HDDVRs you can get.

Also Costco is selling HDDVR for $169 to existing subs, free installtion and a $50 Costco cash card after activation (need to double check this one). You can do with one HDDVR then after you are activated buy one from Costco for practically $119. In fact I would just buy one and wait till the installer comes, maybe tip him he would install for you, worst case return it if it is not opened.

Jac, I think I mentioned to you that I had recently ordered (for shipping only) a new HRseries receiver. Well it came today, and I was pleasantly suprised to see that it was a new HR-20 and not the 21.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)