I think I killed my receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kymics

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 16, 2006
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I was working tonight to figure out why my Dish500 wouldn't pull in FTA from both 110 and 119. I figured out that one of my LNBs was bad so I replaced it with a spare I had. Everything seemed back on track.

As I worked, I made sure to have the receiver off every time I was plugging or unplugging cables. I was satisfied with the result and came back inside to scan them in. I started scanning 119 but when it started to pull in barkers from 110 I knew I had my diseqcs wrong. I switched the settings on my Pansat 3500SD and went back to scan again.

I was just using a regular scan from the antenna installation menu. When it started to pick up the right channels I exited the scan, something I've never had a problem with before.

From there I went to the channel edits to delete any channels that pulled in and there was a list on the screen of channels 1 to 10. I started deleting the first few when I noticed the list seemed long and there were no channel names. I scrolled down to find a list of hundreds of numbers. That seemed all wrong and I recalled that no channels had scanned in, so there was nothing to delete after all.

When I tried to exit that menu, my receiver froze, rebooted and now the first thing it does when it loads up is go to radio channel 0001. I can't get go into the menu, I can't do anything. The LED on the receiver shows A0001 but there's no audio.

Am I pooched? Why did it bomb like that? I can tell you I'm not feeling to happy right now. :(

I bought this receiver second hand, so I'm not sure if there's any warranty. The original owner purchased it this Spring.

Never mind, I'm back up again.

I went to Pansat's website and got the info on how to flash the bin using the null modem cable. Worked like a charm.

Sorry for the false alarm! I had visions of my $140 just floating away. :eek:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts