williamkmurphy

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Jun 20, 2006
Bills Country
I have a VIP622 hooked up 3 different ways
-Analog to TV
-HDMI to receiver (what I usually use)
-Optical to receiver (used to get Sirius during Wii time)

I get what I should get when I am watching a satellite channel (5.1 or 2ch)
No audio out of any of the outputs for my OTA stations except PBS

I have
-power cycled everything (pulled the surge protectors out of the wall for over a minute)

-Played with the connections, doubt it is an issue because satellite channels work fine

Anyone else having this issue? And if so is there a way to fix in the next 90 minutes or so...

Or is Charlie screwing me out of the red sox on purpose?

Same problem lost audio on OTA channel but only one of them. Tried recycling power and re-scanning channels as suggested. Still no audio on my local CW. Checked with Engineer at station and they have no reported problems. Sounds like a bug in the software...I also experienced where my receiver was recording one channel but when you started the recording it was a different program. Yikes, I was hoping 446 was going add features not take away working stuff.

I have a VIP622 hooked up 3 different ways
-Analog to TV
-HDMI to receiver (what I usually use)
-Optical to receiver (used to get Sirius during Wii time)

I get what I should get when I am watching a satellite channel (5.1 or 2ch)
No audio out of any of the outputs for my OTA stations except PBS

I have
-power cycled everything (pulled the surge protectors out of the wall for over a minute)

-Played with the connections, doubt it is an issue because satellite channels work fine

Anyone else having this issue? And if so is there a way to fix in the next 90 minutes or so...

Or is Charlie screwing me out of the red sox on purpose?

My OTA audio is messed up by 446 also. I recorded Bionic Woman tonight, no audio. Watching live right now, sometimes when I tune to a channel there's audio, sometimes not.
Damn it Charlie:mad:

I'm seeing that when I change channels, I lose the audio. I also have 2 recordings that didn't record the audio (but I *THINK* I had audio to the tv).

I called Dish, and they took an uncommon trend report.

This is with L446RBDD-N.

If you're having this problem, PLEASE call Dish and get the report made. (And post here so we can see how many folks this is breaking.).

I can drop the receiver to standby when it's happening, and then turn it back on, the audio will come back.

(I'm using an HDMI connection to the TV).

Last edited:
I just called E* tech support and reported the problem. The tech gal said that anyone from Sat Guys that has this problem should call, make sure you make it to the second tier of techs. She said the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Plus, she said she'd heard of us.

My OTA recording has no audio also ...tried the soft and the hard reboot...works fine before the software update L4.46...

My local CBS News OTA signal is sending out the Spanish audio although set on English ...ABC has no audio at all.

I tried rescanning all the locals ,add and removed channels....still no audio...

If anybody has a solution please let us know. Thanks!

Work around, maybe...

Looks like it maybe a tuning problem, thanks to the update. I did a soft reboot and if you switch back and forth to the ota channel you want, the audio comes back, at least it does for me.

A temporary work around till the next update.

Joe

I also have been experiencing audio issues with my OTA channels since getting 446. My local CBS-HD channel will come in but with no audio. I change the channel down to my local Weather digital channel, which is part of NBC, the audio comes in but it is the audio for the main NBC-HD channel. I have tried scanning the locals again, unplugging my 722, check switch, nothing is working. I will call Dish and let them know. All of this for DishONLINE? No thanks!

If I rescan it fixes it until I change the channel (thank yo btw). Something else I noticed was when fox switched from the local taped sitcoms to the national HD feed and the audio switched from 2 ch to 5.1 I regained audio. As soon as I changed the channel I lost audio until I deleted and added the channel.

It would appear that the FW has a problem extracting DD from the ATSC stream unless there is a break in the audio stream (national HD-> Local -> national). I would think the break in the audio (or change of format) allows the decoder to resync.

Should I call back in now that there is bug report#? The CSRs weren't listening to me very well last night. Nobody wanted to make the leap from you updated my fw on the 24th audio stops working on the 24th = buggy fw

Kept getting told that it must be my local stations (all 5 + sub channels) even though I kept telling them that my friends which use ATSC weren't seeing any of this.

Until this is resolved dish should turn nationals on for all people that don't have HD LiLs...make the fw test engineer pay the fines.

Maybe charlie knew about the shalaking the rockies were going to take last night, and didn't want to hear it.

I'd call them again, and see if you can get to a 2nd level tech. Read the other pieces of this thread to them :)

Thanks!
LER

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts