I think L446 Broke my OTA Audio

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Not just you, mono only on 8.1 in Tulsa for me too. Never thought about checking 8.3. I've never had it on my guide since its just SD version of 8.1. But hopefully it'll be moot by the time I get home and see that L447 works. [fingers crossed]

Both my 622 and 722 got L447 last night and the ABC 8.1 audio is back to 5.1 surround.

I also appreciate how responsive Dish was in correcting L446 on my 622.

Wouldn't it be refreshing if Dish was just as responsive in giving us more HD or at least telling us what was causing the delay and a vague time frame for future additions? :rolleyes:

Thanks to Dish for putting out this quick fix for the OTA Audio issues!

This is the most responsive I have ever seen Dish to any software bug! On behalf of all 622/722 owners here at SatelliteGuys THANKS DISH!

Scott,

I checked my software and have L445. How does one go about updating to L447?

I have had a bunch of issues requiring front panel resets 3-4 times per week. The acquiring satellite screen comes up and after 10 minutes, it wants to download the guide for another 10 minutes. It will do this repeatedly until you do a front panel reset. If a program is recording and the red light is on, the program records correctly. However, until you do the reset, you cannot watch anything, including programs recorded previously.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide to solve my problems.

L446 On 722

I just got my 722 upgraded from 921, which I could easily check the sfw revision on. The 722 setup is different to say the least. How can I check to see if I received the L446 download?

Scott,

I checked my software and have L445. How does one go about updating to L447?

I have had a bunch of issues requiring front panel resets 3-4 times per week. The acquiring satellite screen comes up and after 10 minutes, it wants to download the guide for another 10 minutes. It will do this repeatedly until you do a front panel reset. If a program is recording and the red light is on, the program records correctly. However, until you do the reset, you cannot watch anything, including programs recorded previously.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide to solve my problems.

Wait till your receiver is targeted. There is NOTHING you can do to hasten that.

Check RandallA's thread in the Tech Discussions area for when new software is in the stream and what Receiver ID's are targetted.

LER

fz5j2r,

The issues you are describing are not related to L445, and as others have stated you can't do anything to cause it to update if you haven't been targeted yet.

I experienced all those same issues myself the first couple of weeks I had the 622, which was a long time ago (as software versions go). When I solved the overheating problem they all magically went away.

fz5j2r,

The issues you are describing are not related to L445, and as others have stated you can't do anything to cause it to update if you haven't been targeted yet.

I experienced all those same issues myself the first couple of weeks I had the 622, which was a long time ago (as software versions go). When I solved the overheating problem they all magically went away.

Thanks to all that replied. The problematic 622 is two years old. I will look at the overheating possibility.

If you still have L4.46 and want to use OTA audio.
(1) Get the audio working by reboot (maybe) or by going to the OTA channel add list, selecting each channel (you need to know the unmapped number from say antennaweb.com), after the mapped number comes up add that channel, repeat, use done to save.
(2) DO NOT change channels up and down. Once you lose audio on one channel your will have to start over. Somehow going up/down causes some channels to lose audio.
(3) Enter the mapped channel number each time. These changes should not lose the audio. You can even swap.
(4) Watch for L4.47.
-Ken

L447 Lost Audio on WBZ

Sound was fine on my 722 through last Sunday, just before the fourth game of the World Series. We lost audio for the game on Fox (L446). A couple of days later, I got the L447 update and audio came back for all OTA channels (stereo only). I still don't have the 5.1 on any channel, OTA or Satellite and tonight lost the audio on WBZ twice, this time with the L447 software installed. I talked to CSR last night and he said (reading from screen) that there is another update scheduled for next week Is anyone else having a problem with the 5.1 optical?

I had no audio or pic with 446. A front panel power push got it back fine. I'm using hdmi. I did have audio and pic on tuner 2 with the super vhs connetion and audio cable to my dvd recorder.

fz5j2r,

How did you solve overheat problem?

I wonder if 447 did this... I was recording SGA last night on Sci-Fi but had missed the first 20 minutes of it. So I went into the DVR screen, selected the recording and selected the option to begin playback at the start. No audio. Rewind, fast forward, skip forward, skip back, no audio. The video was fine, but no audio. Switched to live tv and watched the remainder of the episode live, then went back and watched the recording (after the episode had ended, recording stopped) and the audio is fine.

Has anyone else tried this or expeienced this? It's not happened to me prior to 447.

I wonder if 447 did this... I was recording SGA last night on Sci-Fi but had missed the first 20 minutes of it. So I went into the DVR screen, selected the recording and selected the option to begin playback at the start. No audio. Rewind, fast forward, skip forward, skip back, no audio. The video was fine, but no audio. Switched to live tv and watched the remainder of the episode live, then went back and watched the recording (after the episode had ended, recording stopped) and the audio is fine.

Has anyone else tried this or expeienced this? It's not happened to me prior to 447.

I had the same problem. It seems ok this morning after the daily over night re-boot.

It has now happened to me. It only affects the OTA stations that are broadcasting in 5.1, it doesn't affect the ones in just stereo. I have tried a reboot, I might try the add channels idea, or just wait until for a software fix.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts