I think L446 Broke my OTA Audio

I found this over on another forum. It doesn't work for recorded events, but has worked for me when having audio problems watching OTA live.

Menu>6>9
Scroll over and highlight the channel you're watching
Wait for the signal bar to be "locked"
Press "View Live TV"

My local ABC is doubly affected because when I do get audio, it's mono instead of 5.1. This won't fix that issue, but I can deal with mono sound compared to no sound at all.

I've tried all of the "workounds" and nothing gets my audio back on my CW. Thanks though.

S~

446 sucks, tonight is Chuck and Heroes. I would record the satellite sd channel but my other tuners are busy also. So I'll probably end up having to watch them on line, like Bionic Woman last week.:mad:

446 sucks, tonight is Chuck and Heroes. I would record the satellite sd channel but my other tuners are busy also. So I'll probably end up having to watch them on line, like Bionic Woman last week.:mad:

I hear ya. I'm lucky that my 2nd 622 that I use to record NBC and CW still has 4.65.

S~

Well my problems extend much further than I originally thought with this update. I DVR a lot of shows and caught up this weekend. My CW channel has no audio period and nothing can restore it. In live mode or pause, all audio is as it should be, DD5.1, PLII, etc. The problems start playing back events. NBC= no audio. CBS= only center channel. Once I even got the SAP for the hard of hearing. Tried recording part of the WS on Fox, got Spanish audio.

S~

I was lucky. I lost the audio on CWs Smallville only. I was able to reprogam my recording lists so as to record only from Satellite and not OTA. As I told you before, DirecTV is looking better and better. :dev

I was lucky. I lost the audio on CWs Smallville only. I was able to reprogam my recording lists so as to record only from Satellite and not OTA. As I told you before, DirecTV is looking better and better. :dev
But I like being able to record three things at once. That is when the OTA works.:rolleyes:

It's still there. No audio for World Series again tonight for me.

Change OTA channels a few time and I bet you lose audio again.

You were right!:eek: No audio on Fox OTA this morning and no amount of fiddling fixes it. It's fine on my 622 with L445. Couldn't bust it last night, can't fix it this morning....................

Ed

Workaround

This work around does not work for me.

Scroll over and highlight the channel you're watching
Wait for the signal bar to be "locked"
Press "View Live TV"

Thanks for something to try

I don't understand why they dont just go back to 445 until this issue is resolved. It didnt have major problems like this to my knowledge.

I have audio with my OTA, however when I try to record from a timer, I lose the audio. I run everything through an A/V receiver, so I never use the speakers on my tv.

I called E* and the tech clearly had no idea what he was doing. He was reading a script and entered some info about the problem to his computer. The script that came up, and that he read to me, was that E* is aware of the problem and they plan on fixing it next week. There was no specific day, just some time next week. He didn't say anything about a new receiver.

Is this the line that everyone else is getting? I am in the same boat as many here. I like to record 3 events at the same time, and the OTA is the only way to do this. Knowing what I know about E* and crappy DVR software, they will not fix this and will continue to just tell their customers that they are aware of it and they are sorry.

I would suggest everybody to call Dish and tell them about your problems. They have to see the magnitude of the issue.
How many unhappy people they just made. Unbelievable!!!
We were "free-testers" from day one for them.
It must stop at some point. :mad:

just called Dish Network

I received a replacement 722 then called Dish and asked about the fix since I prefer waiting for that before having to install a new receiver.

The support person said it's a known issue and read me the support statement which said that it should be resolved via a software update sometime this week. So we'll see what happens.

Last edited:
I recored Nascar yesterday on abc ota,now I get to watch it without sound :mad:

Direct TV hear I come....:eek:

From the Tech Portal (it should be L4.47 for the 622):

10/29/2007: 1522 Software Version L4.46 for ViP 622 DVR

Effective Tuesday, October 30th, Engineering plans to spool a PARTIAL PHASE of software version L4.47 for the ViP 622 DVR receiver. This is primarily a non-forced maintenance release available at ALL satellite locations.
At this time L4.45, and L4.47 will be the valid software versions for the ViP 622 DVR.

10/29/2007: 1521 Software Version L4.47 for ViP 722 DVR

Effective Tuesday, October 30th, Engineering plans to spool a PARTIAL PHASE of software version L4.47 for the ViP 722 DVR receiver. This is primarily a non-forced maintenance release available at ALL satellite locations.
At this time L4.45, and L4.47 will be the valid software versions for the ViP 722 DVR.

Thanks for the info RandallA, my ViP 622 has had OTA audio problems since I got L4.46. E needs to either roll back to the last stable version or get version L4.47 out the door fast. Knowing E I would rather go with a roll back. Let's hope L4.47 is better than L4.46

Thanks Randall. Menu 6-9, and "view tv" works for me now with stereo outputs but no 5.1 on my 722. Glad to hear L447 is on the way.

I'm using component outs plus the analog audio L/R outs.

With the new release, I experience sound dropouts several times a day on the digital OTA stations. It is horrible.

It is also inconsistent. Sometimes, it will dropout and my ABC, CBS will have sound, but not my NBC. Sometimes, when it drops out, none of the digital OTA stations have sound.

This is all new behaviour as of the new release.:mad:

Let's not get too excited with L4.47 coming tomorrow since the Tech Portal has not always been accurate. I really hope that they go ahead and spool it tonigh though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts