i think the installer tried to call today...

Status
Please reply by conversation.
He's still here I'm not sure what the problem is tbh

Sent from my iPhone

Now he's saying my previous DVR is busted and im going to lose a 97% full dvr. Funny thing is I've been using it fine all day. Is there really no way to transfer recordings?

Sent from my iPhone

You can record to a dvd recorder in real time, but you can't transfer to another dvr.

He still here. I think he is swapping out the dish or something

Sent from my iPhone

After all of this my original hd dvr is still not networked. Poor guy didn't know what to do - he was in training and his supervisor never showed up. I want to call and complain, not because of my tech, but because of his irresponsible supervisor who wouldn't even answer the phone when my tech tried calling for help

Sent from my iPhone

After all of this my original hd dvr is still not networked. Poor guy didn't know what to do - he was in training and his supervisor never showed up. I want to call and complain, not because of my tech, but because of his irresponsible supervisor who wouldn't even answer the phone when my tech tried calling for help

Sent from my iPhone
LKR,

Now you are getting the feel of things. One of my favs was the tech who was back charged. They took money from his check. A customer had called to ask for his address...to mail a check / tip and to commend the lad to his superiors for such a great installation. The rule was ...."call to Directv for any reason cost you the money for the job..." So the guy quit..the supervisor thought he was doing a great job.

I have arrived at service calls where the problem was within the DVR. The only " in field service" cure is to swap out the box. But do not feel pregnant...PPV have a limited play time. Who would expect that customers would record things...and want to keep them?

Somehow I remember the TIVO had a capability for an external hard drive......lost track.

Report success!

Joe.............and a funny face:popcorn

am i going to get my tech in trouble if i call for a deca adapter?

Maybe, did he leave his number? If not calling might just generate a rollback and nothing else. All market/contractors are different

i'll give him a call but he wasn't listening to me today when i told him to try a deca. he was convinced it would pick it up over coax with no adapter :\

he wants to come back and do tests on my HR22, which i don't want, because i know it has issues, but i do not want to swap it

Lkr said:
i'll give him a call but he wasn't listening to me today when i told him to try a deca. he was convinced it would pick it up over coax with no adapter :\

he wants to come back and do tests on my HR22, which i don't want, because i know it has issues, but i do not want to swap it

He prolly needs to run the IV retest so he can close the work order. It's a simple signal strength test. As long as the signals are good it'll be fine

He prolly needs to run the IV retest so he can close the work order. It's a simple signal strength test. As long as the signals are good it'll be fine

There was a time when IV retest = "Sir, this is Mort at Rumblerumble Satellite Installation Company. One of my men was at your home yesterday. To evaluate your signal could I ask you to tell you what you see on channel 100........OK, great, if all your personal possessions are intact and your pets and children have not been molested I am going to score this installation as excellent. Ok? Great! Bye."

We live in strange times....return for anything =..........a funny face......crap, no faces here!

Joe

Status
Please reply by conversation.