Juan

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 14, 2003
Moscow Russia
Looks like "I"(paxtv) might get some decnt programming

http://www.paxson.com/press/press.cfm?id=11

Under the deal, ION has acquired the broadcast rights to a number of Warner Bros.’ most popular television series and movies. Series include classic shows such as “Welcome Back, Kotter,” “Chico and the Man,” “Scarecrow & Mrs. King,” “Mama’s Family,” “Alice” and “Wonder Woman,” and more recent hits including “The Wonder Years,” “Growing Pains,” “Perfect Strangers” and “The Wayans Bros,” among others.

Nice find, I see Superman III (albeit, the crappiest Superman IMO) in the guide now (channel 35 on locals in ft. laud area), I hope to see less and less 'Paid Programming' slots on 'I' now...we can only hope.

Regardless, I _am_ looking forward to Welcome Back Kotter. :)

Last edited:
"Doc," "Sue Thomas F.B.Eye" and "Young Blades" were always some of our favorites, but we've seen all of them by now.

pulled it off the system due to all the paid advertisement compliants. America One replaced it. I guess if interest for the channel comes about, we will put it back on. or maybe part time, that's the good thing about program timers. :)

Last edited:
I am glad to hear that they are going to finally get some good programming. I did some reading up on this and they are still only supposed to show this programming from 6 pm to 11 pm and show the wb movies on the weekends to start out. Later they are going to expand their programming if this goes well for them and they will have another company for more shows.

Between this and the Sony deal, maybe they can cut Infomercials to just 12 hours a day? (Midnight to Noon) and make the rest of the time actual programming.

I think the thing for "I" to do at this point is sell. or they could try working out a deal with Equity to be a RTN affiliate, America One affiliate or something.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)