I want to add a 3rd HD-DVR - is there a trick?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
No, that's not all you can do. You can pay the $199 like almost everyone does, or you can go to Costco and get one for $169, like I suggested.

So are you suggesting that, when I called to add another HDDVR to my account last month, which I was perfectly ready to pay for, I should have declined their offer to pay only the $21.65 shipping and pay full price so I can be like almost everyone else? Sorry, but if they offer me a free HDDVR, Im gonna take it. All I did was call and ask to add another one. No crying, no threatening, no nothing....... Just because some cant get discounts, does not mean those who can shouldn't. :rolleyes:

we're all glad you have never needed or wanted a discount.:rolleyes:

Sorry been away from the internet for several days.

It's not that I wouldn't take free or discounted service, it's just that I'm not a whiner.

I've asked, especially after seeing some of the deals that have been explained on this site. Now that I've had time to think about it, I did get a new HDDVR for $99.00 and I thanked them for it. I didn't threaten to quit or write the CEO to complain in order to get it.

Those who complain about not getting free/discounted stuff, feel they are somehow owed it because they are a "good" customer. When they don't they get it, they whine and cry and threaten to quit the service to extort what they want or feel they are owed.

And when they don't get it, it's unfair and D* is the worst service they've ever had.

It's not the asking for the discounts or free stuff, (it doesn't hurt to ask) it's entitlement mentality and resulting whining/crying when it doesn't happen that get's me fired up.

It's not the asking for the discounts or free stuff, (it doesn't hurt to ask) it's entitlement mentality and resulting whining/crying when it doesn't happen that get's me fired up.

I agree with this statement 100%.

So are you suggesting that, when I called to add another HDDVR to my account last month, which I was perfectly ready to pay for, I should have declined their offer to pay only the $21.65 shipping and pay full price so I can be like almost everyone else? Sorry, but if they offer me a free HDDVR, Im gonna take it. All I did was call and ask to add another one. No crying, no threatening, no nothing....... Just because some cant get discounts, does not mean those who can shouldn't. :rolleyes:

Did you read my post and the op? He has already called and been told $199. BTW, most customers do pay full price, I am sure. Maybe Stonecold can verify the average price paid. If you do get a discount, good for you. I never said you shouldn't try, or take their offer of a discount, but if you have tried and been denied, then pay the price if you want the dvr.

Sorry been away from the internet for several days.

It's not that I wouldn't take free or discounted service, it's just that I'm not a whiner.

I've asked, especially after seeing some of the deals that have been explained on this site. Now that I've had time to think about it, I did get a new HDDVR for $99.00 and I thanked them for it. I didn't threaten to quit or write the CEO to complain in order to get it.

Those who complain about not getting free/discounted stuff, feel they are somehow owed it because they are a "good" customer. When they don't they get it, they whine and cry and threaten to quit the service to extort what they want or feel they are owed.

And when they don't get it, it's unfair and D* is the worst service they've ever had.

i agree with this :up

I dont know if I can be so quick to blame the customer. When suppliers offer up freebies to new customers who havent paid them a dime yet, or offer different prices to different people who have basically the same circumstances...then the supplier is creating the atmosphere.

Who in their right mind wouldnt be at least a bit frustrated to find out that they paid more for something than someone else?

Granted I dont call up a company thats giving me a good product and service that does everything they say it can do and complain just to get a better price.

But I will call and note the problems I'm having and ask for redress, or just ask them if there are any promos they feel like giving me for being a good customer that pays on time.

It sure was frustrating last year to not buy Superfan and not find out until the second week that not having it meant no games in HD. And then finding out that pretty much anyone who called up and asked for it got it for free. Providing they'd called before the season started.

Bet it was frustrating this year for everyone who paid nearly $400 for the ST/SF combo while anyone who called in got it for under $200. I just called and said "I like it, but $400 is too much. Do you have a promotion or can you give me a better price?"

So I ask, how is this the fault of the consumer? If the price is always $199 then theres no issue. Buy it or dont.

I dont know if I can be so quick to blame the customer. When suppliers offer up freebies to new customers who havent paid them a dime yet, or offer different prices to different people who have basically the same circumstances...then the supplier is creating the atmosphere.

Who in their right mind wouldnt be at least a bit frustrated to find out that they paid more for something than someone else?

Granted I dont call up a company thats giving me a good product and service that does everything they say it can do and complain just to get a better price.

But I will call and note the problems I'm having and ask for redress, or just ask them if there are any promos they feel like giving me for being a good customer that pays on time.

It sure was frustrating last year to not buy Superfan and not find out until the second week that not having it meant no games in HD. And then finding out that pretty much anyone who called up and asked for it got it for free. Providing they'd called before the season started.

Bet it was frustrating this year for everyone who paid nearly $400 for the ST/SF combo while anyone who called in got it for under $200. I just called and said "I like it, but $400 is too much. Do you have a promotion or can you give me a better price?"

So I ask, how is this the fault of the consumer? If the price is always $199 then theres no issue. Buy it or dont.

I agree that Directv's pricing policies seem very unfair. Offers are better to new customers than long standing ones, but that's the way it is. My problem is the attitude some people get as if they are entitled to freebies or deep discounts simply because of how long they have been subscribers.

I've been a DirecTV customer since 1995, well, started out with a local co-op, then Pegasus until 2004.

I got my brand new DVR HR22-100 for $99, and that included sending a tech out to run two new wires and a 6 x 8 multi-switch.
My first H21-200 was free with a SL5 dish and install two years ago. Then the protection plan replaced my RCA HD mpeg-2 DTC-210 with a brand new H23-600

So I can't complain too much :), I'm sure others have gotten better deals........

That's to bad your wife can officially tell you what to do and what not to do.
:(

Why is it bad? We are a partnership and she will no longer agree with a switch. She had agreed to try Dish and 2 other cable providers and we always ended back up here.

I am married.

My wife doesn't officially tell me what to do and what not to do.
I don't officially tell her what to do and what not to do.

Sometimes I've read on the forums about a guy wanting to buy a new TV and he has to beg and plead with his wife to "let" him buy it.
What a joke.
Is she his wife or mommy ?

I am married.

My wife doesn't officially tell me what to do and what not to do.
I don't officially tell her what to do and what not to do.

Sometimes I've read on the forums about a guy wanting to buy a new TV and he has to beg and plead with his wife to "let" him buy it.
What a joke.
Is she his wife or mommy ?

You must be independently wealthy.

In the real world, marriages require joint agreement and often some negotiation. I don't beg and plead, but all big purchases have to be agreed upon. If I dropped 2k on a TV without asking, I would be spending a lot of time alone.....

I just picked up a one month old owned HR-23 for 205.50 and a year old owned HR-22 for 142.50 for my kid.
I haven't had a contract for over 7 years
If I get any grief I threaten to walk they always stand down.:D
I will add remaining nice during the conversation's and negotiations may make a difference

Contracts are never longer than two years. The two years starts over the minute a new receiver is activated, no matter where it is purchased (leased) from.

Actually the contract runs with the recvr., the one that he bought first will be over when the original 2 years is up. The new recvr will be up when the 2 years is up.

Actually the contract runs with the recvr., the one that he bought first will be over when the original 2 years is up. The new recvr will be up when the 2 years is up.

Jimbo, you are only ever under a single contract any any time. It is not like the cell phone companies that have a contract for every phone you get from them.

Status
Please reply by conversation.