I was asked to call "Receiver Auditing"

NightRyder said:
Have fun with the audit Nazis. ;) If you can, record the call, it could make for interesting listening if you are unlucky enough to get one of the nasty ones.
NightRyder

Yea, record it. It would make for a great post for Pub Members:D

My wife tried calling them and got a natsy one who actually made her cry.

We do not use the origional remotes on any of our receivers we use universal remotes so the buttons are not laid out the same.

She is not a wiz on this stuff like I am, she just turns on the TV and expects it to work. She couldnt get to the screen the audit person was looking for and the audit person yelled at her and said if this is not taken care of soon that the entire account would be turned off and we would not be able to reactivate the receivers again.

I understand why they are doing the audits, just the way SOME of their audit folks are doing things is all wrong.

My sincere sympathies to the Prize Goddess. It's inexcusable to treat customers this way. My one and only experience with them left me furious. I called and complained to the executive office and let them know that if I was ever called again it would be the end of my relationship with Dish.

NightRyder

Is it time to switch to DirecTv Scott? It is hard to explain what it is like to go through those audits until you experience them first hand. Someone I know went through one not long ago and he said they were worse than the child support people lol. He is going to DirecTv once his contract is up later this year. I have seen DirecTv make a woman cry before. I talked to the guy and they were nearly impossible to talk to. I told her to hang up on the guy because we were just wasting our time. There was three our four failed attempts to get the DirecTv system moved to the new location she moved to.

NightRyder said:
Have fun with the audit Nazis. ;) If you can, record the call, it could make for interesting listening if you are unlucky enough to get one of the nasty ones.
NightRyder

I have tried in the past recording the conversation but they stated they will not allow me to record the conversation. So I then stated I did not want to be recorded and they said too bad, we can't help you then. So its a one way street.

so in reality YOU ARE A THIEF unless you can prove othewise.

MAYBE THEY SHOULD HAVE THEM INTERROGATE AL QAEDA MEMBERS

Pils said:
I have tried in the past recording the conversation but they stated they will not allow me to record the conversation. So I then stated I did not want to be recorded and they said too bad, we can't help you then. So its a one way street.

Record them anyway, legally there is nothing they can do, they can't have it both ways.

NightRyder

IN Texas as long as ONE of you knows that you are recording the conversation it is legal. Linda Trip should have done her recordings from here and she wouldn't have faced any legal troubles.:rolleyes:

All you have to do is confirm that the conversation is being recorded and they will say yes and then I would not think that there would be anything that they could do at that point.

Scott Greczkowski said:
They just shut off my receivers. I don't believe they ever called me and my wife is very upset. :(

I agree - They didn't call me and left word as they stated before they shut everything off.

The whole thing is somewhat ridiculous.

Scott Greczkowski said:
My wife tried calling them and got a natsy one who actually made her cry.

It's crazy that Dish lets their audit people be as rude like they are. The one I got had an attitude from hell. I've never been treated like that by any company I pay money to. Between that kind of treatment, their downressed HD and the weird new fees coming out of the woodwork, I'm pretty sure I'll be cancelling once we get another cable HD-DVR installed. Say goodbye to a 9 year customer who even bought your HD monitors - I hope it was worth it Dish.

I was relaying this story to my girlfriend and she also stated that she wouldnt know where to access all the receivers in the house if they called. I told her not to worry about it because if they call, she is instructed to tell them to cancel my account immediately.

Idiots

They pulled this stunt with us again yesterday. We were in the desert for a month and when my partner got back they had shut down all of our receivers. This is the second time in less than a year we have been subjected to this short sighted, combative approach.

I called their corporate office and spoke to a gentleman who said he would get the service restored. They turned the Fam Room back on but the other five receivers are still not authorized a day later.

Gee Dish, we are really sorry we have enough money to afford 5 plasmas (5 811s + a 301). I guess they want to piss off their best customers so they don't have to send them a 622 or a 211.

Once a customer goes through this crap once, their account should be flagged that they are OK and they should be left alone. 2-3 times a year of this is more than 100% of the public is going to put up with. Accuse your customers of theft of service, without any proof whatsoever. I guess Nordstrom's should accuse us of shoplifting, because we walk in their store dressed nicely. Unbelievable!

UPDATE: Talked to supervisor. He was very helpful and the audit person was very polite and helpful. After our discussion we shouldn't have any more issues. We have 2 phone lines and some of our recievers were hooked up to the 2nd line (fax line). Dish needs to correct this problem and they should have done something years ago, with technology as this approach is a no win situation with your good customers.

I think they should have had the recievers talk to each other through the RF port and if one doesn't it would shut down.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Last edited:
Pils said:

If they are going to do it anyway - you do it anyways. Tell them to "shove it", "bite me", "up yours", etc.

It is against the law to record against someone's wishes I believe. If they don't want to be recorded then they should listen to someone else's wishes.

Same treatment

I had posted my experiences in several different posts on this same subject. I had the same experience as others in this post have had. I agree I have never been talked to like this before in my life. They cut off our service without even calling us. I spend $150.00 a month, to get treated like crap, I don't think so. I have invested in Directtv equipment and am in the process of turning these guys off for good. I will not allow this crap to happen. So in the process of trying to catch the "bad guys" they are losing the good paying customers that they have. But according to the guy in auditing I talked to he could care less.

kvhollis said:
If they are going to do it anyway - you do it anyways. Tell them to "shove it", "bite me", "up yours", etc.

It is against the law to record against someone's wishes I believe. If they don't want to be recorded then they should listen to someone else's wishes.

Therein lies the problem.

If you don't want to be recorded, you can hang up and your service will be turned off.

If they don't want to be recorded, they can hang up and your service will be turned off.

Which way would you like your service turned off :)

Some people need to record a few of the calls and initiate action.

1- transcricbe the conversation and release it to every media outlet in town.

2- Call your states and Colorado AG and file complaint for harassment and abusive treatment.

3- Call FCC and file harassment complaint if they are so rude as to make someone cry.

4- If you can't record it take notes, file phone harassment charges and have their recording subponeaed.

Once this info is out in Newspapers, TV, Radio, courts, I'm sure cable companies would use it as an effective weapon against Dish Network.

I'm sure at that point things would change drastically.

For people that have DSL, isn't there a maximum number of phones that can be plugged in at your house before it screws up your DSL?

DirecTV's lack of HD and price increases and following Dish into this leasing crap has me pissed but I'd never switch to Dish because of the auditing team, in fact I print out this thread and convince people to switch to DirecTV to get $50 off my bill for referring them. So if nothing else the auditing team is helping me reduce my personal DirecTV bill by giving me this sales tool.

kvhollis said:
It is against the law to record against someone's wishes I believe.

Nope. Most states require only one party consent. Plus, if you call the audit Nazis number you will receive the standard "this call may be recorded..blah..blah..blah. If you stay on the line you have granted consent to be recorded but that also applies to the audit Nazi. Even if they are in a state that requires two party consent their employer has granted that via the message. You can record the conversation without telling them, perfectly legal.

NightRyder

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts