I was lied to by Directv!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
That is the problem. They are scheduled to do a certain install, then another one scheduled after, then another, ect.

I am sorry to the OP, but if you had it scheduled for only one box to be installed, then I do not see what your complaint is.
I have had extra hooked up when having an install done, but I paid for it and expected to.

I guess your best bet would be to call back and explain your side of the story. I doubt you will get any credits, but you never know.
I hope your experience from here on out is a pleasant one

The thing is this, I told Directv when I was signing up on the phone that I purchased two HD DVRS and wanted the one provided by them for free and I was told that it would be free to hook up and install all three receivers. The directv rep lied as she did not put the additional two receivers on the work order with the result is that I had to pay.
I don't mind paying BUT I do mind paying when I have been lied to and was told that it would be free. I don't know why everyone is trying to defend the install tech as my complaint has nothing to do with him. Any yes the install took about 15minutes with me helping them and sadly I knew more than they did.

The thing is this, I told Directv when I was signing up on the phone that I purchased two HD DVRS and wanted the one provided by them for free and I was told that it would be free to hook up and install all three receivers. The directv rep lied as she did not put the additional two receivers on the work order with the result is that I had to pay.
I don't mind paying BUT I do mind paying when I have been lied to and was told that it would be free. I don't know why everyone is trying to defend the install tech as my complaint has nothing to do with him. Any yes the install took about 15minutes with me helping them and sadly I knew more than they did.

Ok, I understand your complaint better now.

If that is how it happened, then you have a valid argument. I would call them and explain the situation, perhaps they will credit it back? Never know until you ask. Perhaps the CSR just forgot?

Ah! The truth is slowly coming out! You know, it IS possible the csr made a mistake and meant to put the two extra dvrs on the work order, but didn't. If you play nice with them, and quite honestly it doesn't sound like you have been, they will likely credit you the $130 over time. We were defending the tech because you hadn't told us about Directv knowing there should be three dvrs on the work order. No matter how it happened, the tech wasn't to blame and needed to be paid separately for the work not on the order.

If that is how it happened, then you have a valid argument. I would call them and explain the situation, perhaps they will credit it back? Never know until you ask. Perhaps the CSR just forgot?

You know, we think a lot alike, you and me! :D

Yep, I agree with this...it's very possible that they forgot or didn't know how to add the outlet only on the work order. Either way, it is not the tech's fault, and not the customer's fault so I retract my earlier statement about the OP not notiifying DirecTV.

Ah! The truth is slowly coming out! You know, it IS possible the csr made a mistake and meant to put the two extra dvrs on the work order, but didn't. If you play nice with them, and quite honestly it doesn't sound like you have been, they will likely credit you the $130 over time. We were defending the tech because you hadn't told us about Directv knowing there should be three dvrs on the work order. No matter how it happened, the tech wasn't to blame and needed to be paid separately for the work not on the order.

Wouldn't you think if they DID put the other 2 on the work order that they would expect to be delivering 3 recr's, not just one ?

I guess a D* installer would have better knowledge of this as I don't know how they write them.

Wouldn't you think if they DID put the other 2 on the work order that they would expect to be delivering 3 recr's, not just one ?

I guess a D* installer would have better knowledge of this as I don't know how they write them.

Could be Jim. I know little about how they write the work orders. You would think they could have 1 receiver/dvr and the other two outlets noted somehow. Any techs out there care to shed some light on this subject?

I'm a tech, and it's common to get work orders wrong. We even have a special phone number to correct work orders. In this case, I can't say if the original tech could have got his work order changed, or not, thereby making sure he got paid to install all three DVR's.

It's a screwed up system, and definitely needs improvement.

As an example, just today, I had an "upgrade", and it didn't specify what I needed to do. I went to the customers house, and he had DirecTV previously, but had tried cable for a month, and was wanting to go back to Direct. All receivers were already working. All he had to do was call, and have the service reinstated. I tried for over an hour trying to get the work order corrected, and finally gave up. I told the customer to call Direct, and have his programming turned on.

They could add the two additional outlets, but not assign receivers to them and then add it in the notes that the customer will be providing two receivers.

I'm a tech, and it's common to get work orders wrong. We even have a special phone number to correct work orders. In this case, I can't say if the original tech could have got his work order changed, or not, thereby making sure he got paid to install all three DVR's.

It's a screwed up system, and definitely needs improvement.

As an example, just today, I had an "upgrade", and it didn't specify what I needed to do. I went to the customers house, and he had DirecTV previously, but had tried cable for a month, and was wanting to go back to Direct. All receivers were already working. All he had to do was call, and have the service reinstated. I tried for over an hour trying to get the work order corrected, and finally gave up. I told the customer to call Direct, and have his programming turned on.

Would the sub been able to turn it on over the computer as well ?
Didn't know seeing at the time he wasn't a D* sub, technically, seeing he had previous service, didn't know if they would allow you to turn service on and off, I know once you are a sub you can make changes thru the computer, but was not sure about turn ons and off's.

If you attempt to subvert the standard professional installation, the least it will cost you is a lot of extra money. Don't blame DIRECTV because they don't support your theory for going around them.

it is their job to install so they should install it wasn't the ops fault that the csr didn't write it on the order.

It wasn't the techs fault, either. Why make him responsible? He might not get paid for the extra work. Is that fair, or don't you care about that?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)