I will be away next week.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Over the past 8 years the majority of vacation time I have taken at work has been to attend SatelliteGuys functions, such as Team Summit and CES.

When I do take a personal vacation I normally still am connected to SatelliteGuys regularly, but next week I won't be around much if at all.

My wife and I are going away BY OURSELVES on a Criuse on the new Royal Caribbean Alure of the Seas! This will be one of our first times going away on a true vacation alone since we have been married, and we will be celebrating two big milestones... First off we are celebrating our 10th Wedding Aniversary which is coming up in June and also I will be celebrating my 40th Birthday. (Yup the big 40!)

While I am planning on taking the iPad with me, I am uncertain if I will be taking my laptop. The ship does have internet, but I dont know if I am going to use it or not.

While I am away I am putting Don (Dfergie) in Charge. Don works strange hours and might not always be available. Don is a very fair man and does not jump the gun when making decissions. So if you have an issue please contact Dfergie.

The rest of the staff will remain in their normal roles.

If there are server issues those can be handled by LER or AnthonyG who will both be keeping a close eye on the servers while I am gone.

While I am gone I will have my PM's turned off and will turn them back on when I get back. (I will return on May 30th which is actually my 40th Birthday!)

I ask all members to be good while I am gone... I do this because as we have seen in the past we have seen some folks decide to play while I am away and try pushing the button of the staff. Please don't do that... act like you act while I am here... and who knows I just might be. ;)

When I come back I need to start making plans and come up with an idea so that we can raise funds for a new server for SatelliteGuys. Our main webserver is going on 6 years old and is running out of drive space. The cost of the new server I expect to be around $8,000.00...

But I am not going to worry about that now... its time to get ready for a vacation. :) I will be leaving Saturday Morning. If there is anyone from the FT. Lauderdale are who would like to get together Saturday night let me know. :)

Thanks guys!

Have a great time! Pretty much all of my vacation time the past few years has focused on moving, schooling of family obligations (e.g., getting married or getting buried) and very little relaxing fun-time. Leave the iPad at home and enjoy an Amish holiday...

Sent from my HTC EVO using SatelliteGuys App

You two have a wonderful time together!! Enjoy while it's just the two of you!

I can't wait for those days in the future, just my wife and myself (even a weekend)....... :)

I took 3 days Vacation in January for CES, and 3 nights last weekend to recuperate from a nerve block, I was eyeballing a deal I got in from Vegas.com yesterday... 3 nights & Airfare and stay at the MGM for $500 and some change...

I took 3 days Vacation in January for CES, and 3 nights last weekend to recuperate from a nerve block, I was eyeballing a deal I got in from Vegas.com yesterday... 3 nights & Airfare and stay at the MGM for $500 and some change...

Go for it!!

Trying to do that ourselves this summer. It's cheap from Colorado, but need someone to watch the kids!!

Happy Birthday and congratulations on your upcoming Anniversary. I promise not to get Rocky too upset, besides, he has now taken a bite of the forbidden fruit.

If you post at all, Scott, make it a report on how you like the Ship, compared to the others you've been on. We're planning a cruise too soon and I would like to try something different besides the traditional Eastern and Western tours.

Have a blast Scott! Don't worry about this place it will still be here when you get back. I'm sure Don will do a good job. Maybe we should go black background for the whole site for the BIG OLD Birthday (but just for the day, we don't want to look like that other AV forum) :)

Scott happy 40th birthday to you and happy 10th anniversary to you and eva and have a great time on your cruise and see you when you get back :)

Good for you on the "just the two of us" vacation.

I must say I'm surprised to hear you're going on the Allure, after your comments about the Oasis. :confused:

Didn't we buy a new server 2 or 3 years ago?

And oh yes- I'll probably roll over 15,000 while you're gone. Should I see Dfergie about the key to the pub washroom? ;)

Good for you on the "just the two of us" vacation.

I must say I'm surprised to hear you're going on the Allure, after your comments about the Oasis. :confused:

Didn't we buy a new server 2 or 3 years ago?

Never been on the Oasis. Last ship we went on was the Noregion Epic.

We purchased a new server almost 4 years ago and that was our database server. We will need to replace the web server its running out of space.

Bon voyage!

BTW - I am about to purchase several 48-core Opterons in a 1U chassis w/64GB RAM for... Are you sitting down? $6100 apiece! I can't imagine what you want to buy for $8K.

Status
Not open for further replies.