I will be needing an additional HD DVR can I get some help from DirecTV?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cocoon

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 21, 2006
Here's what I want to happen.

1: Get a HR22 pay ~$200 lease fee Bestbuy has these machines but I am hoping someone here can me a better deal.

2: Get directv to pay for the switch since I already have 2 DVRs and pay for installation or at least in credits.

I have been with Directv for slightly less then a year. I am wondering what are the chances of directv going along with this?

thanks

You can always ask, but don't be surprised if D* doesn't offer you much to do the upgrade. You have even less of a chance of D* reimbursing you for the cost of a receiver you got from another source.

You can always ask, but don't be surprised if D* doesn't offer you much to do the upgrade. You have even less of a chance of D* reimbursing you for the cost of a receiver you got from another source.

I know I have zero chance of getting the HR22 for free even new customers have a hard time with that. I will call them during business hours for the other stuff though.

You have even less of a chance of D* reimbursing you for the cost of a receiver you got from another source.

I wouldn't say this. I personally have had Directv reimburse me for equipment purchased elsewhere many times. Just last week I picked up 2 R22's from Best Buy and Directv paid for most of it and still sent me one for free. The combined costs of the 3 R22's were $20 per receiver.

The price through DirecTV should be $199, so it definitely shouldn't be any more than what you're quoting from Best Buy. But you might luck out and get a bit of a deal - whether cheaper (or free) receiver, credits, etc.

If you have a Costco close by, they have them for $169.99 if D* doesn't offer you any breaks.

I wouldn't say this. I personally have had Directv reimburse me for equipment purchased elsewhere many times. Just last week I picked up 2 R22's from Best Buy and Directv paid for most of it and still sent me one for free. The combined costs of the 3 R22's were $20 per receiver.

I didn't say they wouldn't, but what they gave you doesn't necessarily apply to every customer. The OP may or may not get a deal, but IMO his chances are pretty slim.

I only managed to get 3 months of showtime and cost of switch credited. I didn't need a technician to come out as installing the switch turned out to much easier than I anticipated.

They were only willing to offer me a second HD-DVR at $299 including installation less $100 as a waiver of the installation fee.

I subsequently "bought" mine at Costco for $169.

They were only willing to offer me a second HD-DVR at $299 including installation less $100 as a waiver of the installation fee.

I subsequently "bought" mine at Costco for $169.

Weird as the directv website advertises that the hd dvrs are $100 less then they used to be. Directv website says they are $199...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)