I will never do business with directv again.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
its called buyer beware. and i'm not sure you totally did your homework here.

i have never called you a liar. but honestly, i think part of this is your fault. if i've stepped on your toes, its just a word from the wise. i bet you'll be better prepared next time.

like i said, i never logged onto the directv website because I never had to. I always knew what was supposed to be on the bill and it came like it was supposed to be. Ive used retention before and never had a problem. You can try and lay the blame on me but I really cant see where I am to blame. If there was a misunderstanding between me and the csr, dont you think i should at least have the option to return the equipment and tear up the contract? If I had signed a paper contract with the charges it would be a different story. it is out of my control once I hang up the phone.

I can promise there wont be a next time with Directv.

obviously, we are going to disagree here. obviously, directv is notorious for promising customers deals they cannot give. obviously, (my opinion here) a well informed sub should be able to tell the difference. obviously, i would have done things differently.

i'm looking at one of my order confirmation letters....it says this: if you cancel your order prior to installation, we will issue a full refund.

i have done this before without incident. if there was a problem with the order, it should have been cancelled before the dish went up and the box was open. prior to any installation, i was given suffcient warning that once the box is opened, there is no refund.

my problem here is (and i've already said this several times) is a longtime sub as yourself should have checked and made sure there were no problems before the installer knocked on your door. good business sense dictates this.

so that i why i put part of the blame on you. as for the contract, it should be a given once the equipment is installed, you agreed to the contract. every installer/tech tells you that when they do a job. i am not disputing that some directv csr's are worse than useless.

i cant. i tried and they will not allow me to. I will continue to call and email them to remind them that i am owed 99 dollars for the next 2 years though. thats about all i can do.

You can cancel there is a fee involved. I bet it is less then what you will spend over the next 2 years and you will save your self a lot of headaches & time on the phone.

You can cancel there is a fee involved. I bet it is less then what you will spend over the next 2 years and you will save your self a lot of headaches & time on the phone.

im just going to ride it out. Im definitely not going to pay for all of the equipment and then the fees, which would probably total well over 500 dollars. I will remember when the contract is up and will never be a directv sub again.

Okay, bye.

an attitude similiar to this is the exact reason why I wont be a directv sub 2 years from now after 10 years as a subscriber. If bad service is directv's new business plan that is fine, I just wont be a part of it and have no problem living with that.

obviously, we are going to disagree here. obviously, directv is notorious for promising customers deals they cannot give. obviously, (my opinion here) a well informed sub should be able to tell the difference. obviously, i would have done things differently.

i'm looking at one of my order confirmation letters....it says this: if you cancel your order prior to installation, we will issue a full refund.

i have done this before without incident. if there was a problem with the order, it should have been cancelled before the dish went up and the box was open. prior to any installation, i was given suffcient warning that once the box is opened, there is no refund.

my problem here is (and i've already said this several times) is a longtime sub as yourself should have checked and made sure there were no problems before the installer knocked on your door. good business sense dictates this.

so that i why i put part of the blame on you. as for the contract, it should be a given once the equipment is installed, you agreed to the contract. every installer/tech tells you that when they do a job. i am not disputing that some directv csr's are worse than useless.

i dont think directv is notorious for this. Its never happed to me before this and very few have chimed in with similiar experiences, and if they did have them they were always compensated sooner or later. That doesnt appear to be the case for me though. You can blame me all you want but i am not the one at fault here. had the deal been put in correctly the first time we wouldnt have this problem. Its not like I signed on paper or anything and I have no control over what is written in directv's logs. Actually, I am not so sure that I didnt verify the order when I called the next day to make sure they had my new phone number. The paper trail clearly shows that the csr was not doing his job properly as he didnt even change my phone number or address on the movers connection. Im aggravated about the situation, and I dont expect to just let this slide. I just didnt expect this from directv who claims to have the #1 customer service in the industry.

i dont think directv is notorious for this. Its never happed to me before this and very few have chimed in with similiar experiences, and if they did have them they were always compensated sooner or later. That doesnt appear to be the case for me though. You can blame me all you want but i am not the one at fault here. had the deal been put in correctly the first time we wouldnt have this problem. Its not like I signed on paper or anything and I have no control over what is written in directv's logs. Actually, I am not so sure that I didnt verify the order when I called the next day to make sure they had my new phone number. The paper trail clearly shows that the csr was not doing his job properly as he didnt even change my phone number or address on the movers connection. Im aggravated about the situation, and I dont expect to just let this slide. I just didnt expect this from directv who claims to have the #1 customer service in the industry.

I bet you did sign something when you had the install done.

I think everyone has made their point. So what exactly do you want from us DIAT150 ? You complained and bit#4ed over the matter. There's nothing anyone here can do. Take the matter up with D*,The END. Yes your mad , But its out of everyones hands here. This thread has gotten way outta hand!

I think the OP is pretty much just looking for people to agree with him...which I do. D* has pretty shady business practices going on when it comes to equipment, contracts, and customer service. For example, say you sign up for D* and pay $199 or $299 for their POS HR20 DVR (I have already gone through 3 in 90 days). You already pay 5.99/mo "lease fee", but you also need the 5.95/mo protection plan to avoid the 75/tech visit + 19.95 s/h to get yet another POS HR20....but oh wait....am I not "leasing" the HR20???? Why should I keep paying????

I don't defend D*, nor do I try to say "Well you should've known better". I choose not to cancel my service due to NFLST and HD programming, doesn't mean that I like D*. OP, I'm sure many of us already get your point, so good luck getting things straightened out.

I bet you did sign something when you had the install done.

of course I did, but it had nothing to do with a contract. It was a paper saying that the work was satisfactory from the installer and had nothing to do with my issue here.

I think everyone has made their point. So what exactly do you want from us DIAT150 ? You complained and bit#4ed over the matter. There's nothing anyone here can do. Take the matter up with D*,The END. Yes your mad , But its out of everyones hands here. This thread has gotten way outta hand!

I wanted to pass on this information to anyone that takes the time to read it. Ive already taken it up with Directv with no luck. So now I am doing what everyone else here does which is pass on information to each other. If you dont like the subject you should skip on to the next thread just like you would on any other matter. apparently someone cares or the thread wouldnt have nearly 3000 views. If only 1 person learns a lesson and avoids the same problem as I had I feel the time and effort was worth it.,

Ive talked to retention 3 different times, and a person from the executive office and they all say the same thing. the original csr in retention did not document the hd receiver for free so I am out of luck. i will continue to call but i doubt it will help, except eventually it will end up costing them more for wasting their time on me than actually just giving me what was promised in the beginning.

Ever here the saying he cut off his nose to spite his face? well, you are so angry and intent on costing D* that you have placed no value on your own time, Let's just assume that you make 20 dollars per hour. Sounds like you have spent at least 5 hours just reading and replying to this thread, so there is your hundred dollars, all additional time you waste on this is costing you more in your own time and LIFE. If you have a life. Jeeeeez, think about your health for a minute and let your blood pressure drop a hundred points,

You should have went to the LOCAL dealer and supported them,then you would not have this big problem. By walking into the local dealer you could have got it in writing and also spoke to someone in person ,that's what you get when you go around the local dealer. HAHA!! SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL AREA DEALERS NO MATTER WHAT THEY SELL THAT'S WHY THEY ARE THERE.

Ever here the saying he cut off his nose to spite his face? well, you are so angry and intent on costing D* that you have placed no value on your own time, Let's just assume that you make 20 dollars per hour. Sounds like you have spent at least 5 hours just reading and replying to this thread, so there is your hundred dollars, all additional time you waste on this is costing you more in your own time and LIFE. If you have a life. Jeeeeez, think about your health for a minute and let your blood pressure drop a hundred points,

my time doesnt cost me and I have plenty of free time. you have more posts on this forum than me and joined just last month. apparently you dont have a life either.

You should have went to the LOCAL dealer and supported them,then you would not have this big problem. By walking into the local dealer you could have got it in writing and also spoke to someone in person ,that's what you get when you go around the local dealer. HAHA!! SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL AREA DEALERS NO MATTER WHAT THEY SELL THAT'S WHY THEY ARE THERE.

I wasnt aware that you could upgrade thru a local dealer. as a matter of fact I just looked on their website and there is no option to buy equipment directly from them and if there were i would likely have paid more than what i did thru Directv. but again, this is a separate issue from the one being discussed in this thread.

I think the OP is pretty much just looking for people to agree with him...which I do. D* has pretty shady business practices going on when it comes to equipment, contracts, and customer service. For example, say you sign up for D* and pay $199 or $299 for their POS HR20 DVR (I have already gone through 3 in 90 days). You already pay 5.99/mo "lease fee", but you also need the 5.95/mo protection plan to avoid the 75/tech visit + 19.95 s/h to get yet another POS HR20....but oh wait....am I not "leasing" the HR20???? Why should I keep paying????

I don't defend D*, nor do I try to say "Well you should've known better". I choose not to cancel my service due to NFLST and HD programming, doesn't mean that I like D*. OP, I'm sure many of us already get your point, so good luck getting things straightened out.

guess you would prefer to spend the 20 to 25 dollars a month cable charges you for there alleged free dvr. do the math. at that rate, what you pay cable over a 2-year period is much more than what you pay directv!

and the lease fee is 4.99 which you were paying before the equipment was leased. it was called a mirroring fee or did you forget?

we all know directv engages in shady business deals, especially without a concrete program in place to deal with retention business. all the more reason you should be prepared and do your homework first.

I'm getting two DVRs from Comcast for $24/month. No upfront "lease" fees. This will do until the frenzy over D* subsides and they have to compete. You may want to go to this in the interum, no commitment term.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)