I will never do business with directv again.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
diat150 , it's funny how worked up you have gotten over this (albeit, with the aid of some negative comments from others), but have you realized that you actually got a pretty good deal overall? Being a customer for 10 years does make you loyal and in your mind a good customer, but does not guarantee you anything. Sure, they promised you a much better than average deal, but all in all the deal you actually got was a pretty damn good deal. Be happy that they gave you any kind of deal at all. Give them the 2 years (hey, you signed the contract!) and after that, move on.

diat150 , it's funny how worked up you have gotten over this (albeit, with the aid of some negative comments from others), but have you realized that you actually got a pretty good deal overall? Being a customer for 10 years does make you loyal and in your mind a good customer, but does not guarantee you anything. Sure, they promised you a much better than average deal, but all in all the deal you actually got was a pretty damn good deal. Be happy that they gave you any kind of deal at all. Give them the 2 years (hey, you signed the contract!) and after that, move on.

I know I got a good deal, but the fact of the matter is had they not offered the deal I would not have signed a new contract. when they changed the terms of the deal after the fact(or made a mistake), and would not allow me to cancel my contract, that is what pissed me off. I will stay for the 2 years and assess where I stand at the end of it. the need of others to attack my character because I changed my service address with dish network is amusing to me, especially since I am almost positive that they actually break some kind of law while driving every day.:)

Big deal if he "moved". Lots of folks do it to get their HD networks to feed their TV's.

I'd do it in a heartbeat if I was missing some HD networks and wouldn't think twice about it.

Or just because your locals (even SD) SUCK, CONSTANTLY pre-empt network prog, have poor picture or sound quality, etc...

I'm GLAD someone else pointed this out - WHO CARES here who moves, except for a few little local channel "do gooders" here. They really should be over at the "other board", since one of the little prima donna's over there decided it should be off limits for discussion any more. :p :rolleyes: (thank you Scott, for still giving us freedom of choice, in more ways than one! :up :D ) Frankly, the idea of these people getting their panties in SUCH a twist because someone dares to watch network prog NOT from their locals is ridiculous to the max!

diat150 - as far as you moving, don't sweat what these people think. I guess I can pi$$ them off more than you, since I have BOTH E* & D* accounts "moved". (get my real locals on cable & ant) Been that way almost since LIL started & haven't lost a night's sleep yet over it & probably won't for the foreseeable future. Actually, I started this when I "moved" my C-band account to a white area back then, to get the networks on C-band. :D :D

Or just because your locals (even SD) SUCK, CONSTANTLY pre-empt network prog, have poor picture or sound quality, etc...

I'm GLAD someone else pointed this out - WHO CARES here who moves, except for a few little local channel "do gooders" here. They really should be over at the "other board", since one of the little prima donna's over there decided it should be off limits for discussion any more. :p :rolleyes: (thank you Scott, for still giving us freedom of choice, in more ways than one! :up :D ) Frankly, the idea of these people getting their panties in SUCH a twist because someone dares to watch network prog NOT from their locals is ridiculous to the max!

diat150 - as far as you moving, don't sweat what these people think. I guess I can pi$$ them off more than you, since I have BOTH E* & D* accounts "moved". (get my real locals on cable & ant) Been that way almost since LIL started & haven't lost a night's sleep yet over it & probably won't for the foreseeable future. Actually, I started this when I "moved" my C-band account to a white area back then, to get the networks on C-band. :D :D

hope nobody catches up with you soon. let me give you an example. my landlord was stealing cable for years. well, many years ago when the cable company was having its periodic.....turn yourself in without penalty or else campaign.......they turned him off. you know that old saying........what comes around, goes around.

just because you haven't got caught yet doesn't mean, you won't!

hope nobody catches up with you soon. let me give you an example. my landlord was stealing cable for years. well, many years ago when the cable company was having its periodic.....turn yourself in without penalty or else campaign.......they turned him off. you know that old saying........what comes around, goes around.

Ice, not saying its right not saying its wrong but would would the really do to someone that "moved" for locals? Its not costing them money like someone stealing cable(if your landlord was doing what i think he was)Id guess the penalty if there was one would be slight

thats a completely different situation. Im still waiting on someone to point out a law that says changing your service address is illegal. I know it is against the terms of service.

Ice, not saying its right not saying its wrong but would would the really do to someone that "moved" for locals? Its not costing them money like someone stealing cable(if your landlord was doing what i think he was)Id guess the penalty if there was one would be slight

Not really the point the way I see it. Point is the guy comes in screaming for weeks now that he has been screwed by D*. After much, much much much discussion, many many many many calls he gets part of what he believes he was screwed out of. He implies that it's not the money really but more the "principle". He seems to have principles when he is being screwed, but none when he is doing the screwing. No sympathy here. As stated somewhere in this thread, the amount of time speant on this wasn't worth what he had to put out from the beginning. I don't know why he decided to complain about this in a thread anyway, it was a problem between him and D*, should have known he was going to get flamed.

It's not a question of whether you are stealing from D*... in a roundabout way, you're actually stealing from the local affiliates because they're losing viewers they should be getting, which means they're losing money on advertising.

I'm not sure if any laws are involved or not, but there are definitely FCC rules being broken somewhere, and didn't Dish get in trouble for not managing this kind of thing correctly?

Not really the point the way I see it. Point is the guy comes in screaming for weeks now that he has been screwed by D*. After much, much much much discussion, many many many many calls he gets part of what he believes he was screwed out of. He implies that it's not the money really but more the "principle". He seems to have principles when he is being screwed, but none when he is doing the screwing. No sympathy here. As stated somewhere in this thread, the amount of time speant on this wasn't worth what he had to put out from the beginning. I don't know why he decided to complain about this in a thread anyway, it was a problem between him and D*, should have known he was going to get flamed.

I never screwed directv. why should I have been flamed?

you're actually stealing from the local affiliates because they're losing viewers they should be getting, which means they're losing money on advertising.

GOOD - then that's just icing on the cake! :D :D :p :p (did you get the idea I couldn't give a rat's heiny about my local affiliates' financial health)

...and didn't Dish get in trouble for not managing this kind of thing correctly?

Riiiiiiight - THAT'S why DISH now has their "change address" prompt at the top of their main call in menu - nothing like making it EASIER to move, is there... ;) :p You can argue about it all you want, but nobody's going to convince me that either E* or D* doesn't know this goes on - they don't seem to be as concerned about it as some of you guys HERE...

It's not a question of whether you are stealing from D*... in a roundabout way, you're actually stealing from the local affiliates because they're losing viewers they should be getting, which means they're losing money on advertising.

I'm not sure if any laws are involved or not, but there are definitely FCC rules being broken somewhere, and didn't Dish get in trouble for not managing this kind of thing correctly?
I kind of see what you are saying, and have considered that myself, but if you cant get local stations OTA or locals arent offered in your area because you are 1 mile over the line they arent losing money on you or on advertising because of you. However if someone "moved" the address one mile down the road so that they could get them through the sat, they would actually gain from that. Its an odd way they have these things drawn up. I get braves games blacked out on espn from time to time because im in the "local area" even though i live 7 hours away.

This is a little off-topic, but... A lot of people kept telling this guy to cancel within the 30 days or whatever and he said he couldn't, and some people didn't seem to understand that.

Well, for what it's worth, when I first signed up with D*, I had an issue with them and was advised by forum members (on a different forum) that I could cancel within the 30 days with no 2 year commitment issues. All the CSRs I talked to had absolutely no idea about any of that and, through multiple phone calls with them, all said I would be subject to the 2 year commitment if I cancelled.

(And before anybody jumps my rear for no reason, I'm not an anti-D* person. I have D* still and I'm currently happy with it. Just stating my experience with the 30 day thing.)

This is a little off-topic, but... A lot of people kept telling this guy to cancel within the 30 days or whatever and he said he couldn't, and some people didn't seem to understand that.

Well, for what it's worth, when I first signed up with D*, I had an issue with them and was advised by forum members (on a different forum) that I could cancel within the 30 days with no 2 year commitment issues. All the CSRs I talked to had absolutely no idea about any of that and, through multiple phone calls with them, all said I would be subject to the 2 year commitment if I cancelled.

(And before anybody jumps my rear for no reason, I'm not an anti-D* person. I have D* still and I'm currently happy with it. Just stating my experience with the 30 day thing.)

I think some people may have some protections like that by virtue of where they live. Some states have very friendly consumer protection laws (NY for one) which may provide this protection, while other states are more pro business and have very limited consumer protection laws.

Bottom line is this thread says "I will never do business with D* again" I guess your still doing business. So its time to close this thread. And stop complaining! Or really stop doing business with D* forever like you said you were.

I believe the 30 day window only applies to new customers, or so I was told by directv. had I been a new customer I most certainly would have canceled.

Bottom line is this thread says "I will never do business with D* again" I guess your still doing business. So its time to close this thread. And stop complaining! Or really stop doing business with D* forever like you said you were.

or have energizer sponsor it.

and I wont. I have to live up to my end of the contract, but after that I will remember how I was treated.

and like I said earlier, if you dont like the contents of the thread, you dont have to read it. it is YOU that continues to come back and read it. I dont understand why you dont just skip over this thread like you do the many others.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)