Status
Please reply by conversation.

DirectDishNet

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 25, 2007
Davenport Iowa
Well, I wish the fake FTA would die.

I like to search the internet looking for FTA deals (Dish's, LNB's) But when I search FTA on fleaBay or somewhere it brings up tons of dish net crap. I got to spend all my time sifting out the dish net crap before one 30" KU dish comes up.

Remember the old day's when you searched FTA you got FTA?

I move to have a moment of prayer, Pray that dish will secure the signal soon.

Sorry, I had to vent!

6 months and 12 day's untill my contract with dish is over!!... (I can't wait.)

I remember the days when you couldn't even give away a FTA receiver, and I had a few hundred Primestar dishes to get rid of that nobody wanted!

I really wish the FTA piracy would go away, because its not only hurting my own business but the entire industry.

However if I had a choice between FTA going away completely, or not going away at all (Illegal) I would get rid of it completely (Illegal and Legal) than to continue to put up with the piracy!

However if I had a choice between FTA going away completely, or not going away at all (Illegal) I would get rid of it completely (Illegal and Legal) than to continue to put up with the piracy!

You Sir must be kidding ............. :eek:
Udder nonsense I reiterate..... mooooooo !! :D :D

I enjoy FTA too much , you may see it differently since you see the negative effects of piracy hurting legit businesses including your own interests.

True FTA People are very special and like no other , call me an FTA nerd if you like but I'm proud to belong to an elite group of non hackers who enjoy pure True FTA.

I love the fact that we can belong to a forum that discusses all things FTA , of course our sponsors and Pub members foot the bill for us to have this priviledge .

Does anybody feel that spreading the word of true FTA is somewhat detrimental to the hobby?

Would you as a manufacturer continue developing new products for FTA if there was no further growth in the hobby ?

I know if it was only True FTA they would spend more time fixing issues with the motor and True blindscan.

Ok , I'm having way too much fun with this thread.............

In Europe FTA means cardsharing between Linux boxes and all stuff around it.

That is one of the most asinine things I have read in a long time. So let me get this straight Claude. You want to banish LEGAL free to air? Do you know just how stupid you sound? Oh wait that's right. You sell Dish.

If Dish would get its head out of its ass and actually SECURE its encryption, then maybe this wouldn't happen. But instead lets just rid of FTA in general?

whatever......

That is one of the most asinine things I have read in a long time. So let me get this straight Claude. You want to banish LEGAL free to air? Do you know just how stupid you sound? Oh wait that's right. You sell Dish.

If Dish would get its head out of its ass and actually SECURE its encryption, then maybe this wouldn't happen. But instead lets just rid of FTA in general?

whatever......

Not really, but if finally getting rid of the illegal ment getting rid of the legal also l I would support it.

I'm not into Claude-bashing at all, but let me take issue with this statement:
wont ever happen.
How can you banish something that is LEGAL??
This ain't Cuba
Companies with money have already gotten a number of things outlawed in this country.
All it takes is Corporate MONEY in the USA! - :eek:

....are we heading this thread toward the PIT ? :rolleyes:

Someones hand is out thats for sure............. All I know is that if someone wanted to secure the signal they could do it in a heart beat........ I don't know, But if I had C.E. money I would much rather put it into securing the signal rather than spending more $$$ just trying to curve the theft........

Oh God, I hope I don't get banned for that comment.

Someones hand is out thats for sure............. All I know is that if someone wanted to secure the signal they could do it in a heart beat........ I don't know, But if I had C.E. money I would much rather put it into securing the signal rather than spending more $$$ just trying to curve the theft........

Oh God, I hope I don't get banned for that comment.

You shouldn't be banned for that comment....what you say is true. In ANY endavour, if you wanna know what's really going on, FOLLOW THE MONEY. There is BIG money in hacking TV, otherwise it wouldn't even be there, save for a couple of guys with more brains than money working in their basement wanting some free TV.
A LOT of folks still cling to the idea that was mentioned in an earlier post, "If its in the air, I have the right to watch it.", regardless of what Congress and the courts have to say about it. They consider themselves Robin Hoods or something because they help folks steal from the 'rich' greedy satellite companies!

Not EVERYBODY that has a FTA receiver is a thief. EVERYBODY that does this legally has the DUTY to inform as many people as they can that we ALL aren't thieves.

Just for the record I think what the satellite companies charge for programming is absolutely outrageous. Which is why I dropped my D* just a month ago. Just too much money for a few channels. Until the technology is available for me to buy JUST the channels I want I will not have pay TV of any kind. Having said that, that does NOT give me, or anyone else, for that matter, the right to steal signal.

No matter WHAT the satellite companies do, it WILL be broken. There's just too much money to be made. :)

I wish the perps stealing legit tv would stop calling it FTA. That just really gets under my skin and I've only been doing FTA since december. It has made it harder for me to get reviews and legit info on FTA. FTA needs a good marketing campaign to set itself apart. Someone make some videos to post on you-tube to promote REAL FTA and expose the testers ( thieves ).
I'm getting ready to add Dish or DTV and drop comcast for my HD. I'm tempted to get dish just to help them out.

Video

lol.........Funny idea, I don't know if anyone would do it.......Someone should set up a thread or topic about "If anyone needs FTA bin files for 119/110 they should call 1-800-xxx-xxxx (dish's number) .........lol......... Wonder how many would call?.......

we usually kill those threads right away. Usually it just brings more of the scum hackers here....and we don't need em

I have noticed though ,lately, seems some new members here are giving up the hacking, and asking how to get real fta systems setup. I think that's good, I always thought if the pay providers would keep up the attack long enough that it would drive most folks away from theft. Who wants to reprogram their receiver every day, or pay someone else to do it? LOL

The end of piracy would be to implement PowerVu on all providers.

But the providers don't understand that because they think it's fine anyway.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)