I work in retentions for DirecTV.. ask me anything you want to know

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Current Directv subscriber since 2013 and current Verizon Wireless subscriber

If i decide to switch to ATT wireless to gain the $25 discount for life....will i still be able to contact Directv retentions and ask for a discount with a 1 year contract, maybe even try and gain a NFL Sunday ticket year for free? How about if i do it in reverse order and get the retention discount from Directv first and then switch to ATT wireless....will i still get the $25 off per year, or will that not go into effect until my current discount runs out in a year?

I have a discount from D*, and already have AT&T. I inquired about the unlimited plan, and they claimed I would not loose any discounts, and still be able to get the $25 off a month. I am also a little reluctant to go unlimited and get the $25 off a month. Putting everything together like that, it would seem to me that Direct would be less likely to give out any other discounts, because they would feel they already have a customer all tied up.

I have a discount from D*, and already have AT&T. I inquired about the unlimited plan, and they claimed I would not loose any discounts, and still be able to get the $25 off a month. I am also a little reluctant to go unlimited and get the $25 off a month. Putting everything together like that, it would seem to me that Direct would be less likely to give out any other discounts, because they would feel they already have a customer all tied up.

I asked a few reps and they told me the $25 off is in addition to new customer discounts.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Customer here since 1996. Just got Sunday Ticket Max free for 6th year in a row. persistence pays off.

I got a DTV deal for $25 off a month with free HBO and the DTV CSR said I didn't need to have AT&T wireless to do it. Is that true? I asked him that twice and he confirmed no. Not sure how long that lasts.

You got ST for free WITH MAX, or they gave you the MAX portion for free ?

Usually I get NFL ST+ Max free one year and the other year I find myself paying half cost. This year I got it free but thats because it was part of the movers deal, except they never ended up extending my contract since the DTV installer cancelled my install so I got a local retail contractor to do it.
So I got lucky since they honored that deal still without extending my contract.

But boy the ST price increase again this year, I think it has increased every year. Soon it will be north of $400 lol. For me its hard because my favorite team is across the country so I got to pay to get all their games.
Now that DTV is pushing their DTV Now product I hope they start bringing a standalone streaming service for it or add it an option for DTV Now subs that would be interesting.

Usually I get NFL ST+ Max free one year and the other year I find myself paying half cost. This year I got it free but thats because it was part of the movers deal, except they never ended up extending my contract since the DTV installer cancelled my install so I got a local retail contractor to do it.
So I got lucky since they honored that deal still without extending my contract.

But boy the ST price increase again this year, I think it has increased every year. Soon it will be north of $400 lol. For me its hard because my favorite team is across the country so I got to pay to get all their games.
Now that DTV is pushing their DTV Now product I hope they start bringing a standalone streaming service for it or add it an option for DTV Now subs that would be interesting.
I think I typically would end up paying $ 160 - $ 200 in that range... which is what I consider fair.

I too cannot see my team without the ST ...
Actually I can see some of them as they are on the National games but this way I can see them all.

Hard to justify the high cost of the Sunday ticket anymore. The NFL is really saturating the market with all of the Sunday, Monday, Thursday night games, and then the London games are on Sunday mornings.

Hard to justify the high cost of the Sunday ticket anymore. The NFL is really saturating the market with all of the Sunday, Monday, Thursday night games, and then the London games are on Sunday mornings.
Yes but thats been happening for quite awhile now and people still buy it.
The people that don't have thier favorites on National TV every week still get it.
Ala the Pats.

Reactions: FilmMixer
Have Sat system w/ Directv receiver on my boat located in San Diego. Going to Cabo soon and possibly Puerto Vallarta. Was told I need to get a different receiver. Where do I get receiver that provides English speaking channels and will it be the same package I currently have?

:welcome to Satelliteguys corky row!

What receiver do you have now? They probably told you that you have to have Directv Latin America if you are going to be that far south.

:welcome to Satelliteguys corky row!

What receiver do you have now? They probably told you that you have to have Directv Latin America if you are going to be that far south.
Receiver is H24-200. who do i speak to re Latin America. I called US 800# and no one could answer my question. With D Latin America, are the channels in English and same as I currently get?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts