I would like some feedback

Todd Humphrey

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 7, 2004
I just finished some new web pages, and I would like some feedback. I still have to print these pages and read them closely, looking or errors, but I would appreciate any constructive feed back on the methods I recommend and the over all value of the information.

http://www.dbsinstall.com/diy/GroundPostInstallation.asp

What information would you recommend I work on next? What information do consumers really need to know? I have always thought that consumers should use local techs, and not do this work themselves. The reality is, many consumers will always do their own work, and never call a local tech, IF they can do it themselves. I figure if your going to do it yourself, at least do it right. This will make is easier on techs when you do have to call them.
Plus, after seeing some of the recent work from "Professionals" lately, I think some of them can use a little education.

Todd,

I think you mean exert rather than "excerpt" in the second line.

16 gauge is about 1/16" not 1/8" wall thickness under "conduit/tubing"
Thanks for all of your good work!

Bob

The wording seemed a little off, so I suggest something like the words below in blue.

The Hole
A hole in the ground is a simple concept. Take a post hole digger, or shovel and start digging, however there is a right way and a wrong way to dig a hole. The wrong way is to dig a hole in the shape of an upside down cone. The concrete can sink into the ground under it's own weight, and that of the pole. This can then create an unstable mount, for the Satellite Dish..

Everything else looks pretty good, and is informative...

Thanks - As soon as I get my computer back to full operation I will fix those.
My system stopped networking, and the PS2 keyboard port stopped working. Those and other small things lead me to reload the entire OS.