i would like to get some c band on my 1.2 from satav.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

chaskuchar

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Apr 16, 2010
saint charles, missouri
I tried my dmx741 and could get some c band but then I could not get any k band. is there some way to get both bands on the 1.2? pll k band works like a champ though. is there a specific c band lnbf that would work since the 1.2 is not prime focus? thanks, charlie

Charles there really is no good solution for what you are wanting. People have modified things will some good results but still not optimum. Are there certain channels you want off of C-Band or you just wanting to experiment?

There are 20 old threads on miniBUDs from several years back.
They make good reading material.

As I recall, these are the best ways to wring the most from a "too small" dish:
- use a C-only LNBF (performs better than dual band)
- mount it at the focus (many have it an inch too high)
- use a conical scalar
- mount a Ku LNBF beside the C LNBF and program the receiver to compensate
Those are the high points, as I remember.

There are some lists you can find, showing the most likely birds.
Dan Rose did one recently for his 1m Prodelin (dantheman).
Couple of years ago, Linuxman listed what he got on a well tuned 1m Primestar.

Even on a BUD the C/Ku lnbfs are a compromise.Peak it on C band and Ku suffers,peak it for Ku and C drops off,so you peak for what you want the most and take what you can get on the other.With a minibud it's gonna be one or the other but not both,using a combo.And Ku using a combo probably isn't gonna be that good anyway on a minibud.You're using 2 things that weren't designed to work with each other,for something that the dish wasn't designed for in the first place.

lots of good advice there. ke4est, I was just experimenting on using the 1.2 by itself and not in combination with the 6'. if I could get c and k on the 1.2 then I would try other things to play with. the 1.2 does the k band very well. only thing I want to do now is move it so I can see 30w to see if I can get k band there. have to keep young in my retirement years. charlie

1 meter is sometimes tough to work with but you do get some channels to come in on 99 w especially. My micro HD is very nice to tune with now I just need more lnbs up to get more satellites.

Dan Rose

Chaskuchar , I can't think of a better way to spend my retirement ( still got 4 or 5 years tho) . Noticed , listed in your profile , a home built 8' . Just wondering how you built it & how well it works ?? I made 1 meter , only works good on 99w & 91w c band , doesn't do KU band very well , too many imperfections , I guess .

I second this. Am interesting w/ these DIY projects..

Cheers, K
I agree, as I am also interested in making homemade dishes. Charlie, could you start a new thread with description and photos of your 8' dish, please?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts