I would not purchase or lease a New Sky Angel Receiver!!!

dcbag

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 17, 2003
Tennessee
I made this mistake, receiver did not last a week, no replacement in sight. Sky Angel tells me MFG must handle any replacements. Sky Angel does not purchase or own the new NXP receivers the way they did the old receivers.

The NXP receivers as they call them or on back order, they are only getting a few at a time. No estimates on when this issue will be solved. I've had no service since 12/5, don't know when I will.

So as of now I am out $125 plus tax with no service. Just wanted to alert anyone who might be considering the new Receiver or even Sky Angel as new customer right now.

I made this mistake, receiver did not last a week, no replacement in sight. Sky Angel tells me MFG must handle any replacements. Sky Angel does not purchase or own the new NXP receivers the way they did the old receivers.

The NXP receivers as they call them or on back order, they are only getting a few at a time. No estimates on when this issue will be solved. I've had no service since 12/5, don't know when I will.

So as of now I am out $125 plus tax with no service. Just wanted to alert anyone who might be considering the new Receiver or even Sky Angel as new customer right now.

I called on day16 got a very nice lady who checked issue out, but could not get in touch with mfg on 12/22, then yesterday 12/23 I got an email saying replacement unit was being shipped overnight air to arrive no later than 12/24. I did receive unit, and all seems to be well now, but so did the other unit for about 4 days. Only issue so far is the unit will not set level, 1 corner is higher or 1 corner is lower, had to put something under 1 corner to level.

Picture quality is somewhat better than old style unit, remote is better. size is smaller, color is white. Also this unit has a HDMI output which the defective new unit did not. Manual says to select ONE output, which is a very big negative. Now if TiVo will just get the IR code in their system.

I called on day16 got a very nice lady who checked issue out, but could not get in touch with mfg on 12/22, then yesterday 12/23 I got an email saying replacement unit was being shipped overnight air to arrive no later than 12/24. I did receive unit, and all seems to be well now, but so did the other unit for about 4 days. Only issue so far is the unit will not set level, 1 corner is higher or 1 corner is lower, had to put something under 1 corner to level.

Picture quality is somewhat better than old style unit, remote is better. size is smaller, color is white. Also this unit has a HDMI output which the defective new unit did not. Manual says to select ONE output, which is a very big negative. Now if TiVo will just get the IR code in their system.

Okay, after a week of use, the new replacement rec'd seems to be working great, very good picture quality. Now if I could only get the IR code into my Tivos so they could change the channels. I do wish this forum had more active users.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts