I wouldnt watch BSG if it were being filmed in my guest bedroom

I would watch BSG if it were being filmed in my guest bedroom only if I could help produce and direct the series. I am a veteran of the original BSG (unashamedly an oldie...but...able to install my own satellite system on my own ... TYVM). They missed the boat on this one. Going back to the original story and plot lines would have helped. BSG helped us dramatically in our "Quest for Sleep". All I have to do is set up the service, turn up the volume (they all mumble so much), and get ready to turn off the lights in the morning. .... G'night!

...in standard definition. :D

I know, bad joke. Sorry.

According to both the SciFi channel and titantv.com BSG s4e1 is not going to be aired in HD. SciFi list the Season 4 opener as SD with stereo. A lot of what you see in "HD" is upconverted SD and sometimes your HDTV will do a better upconversion. I did a comparison between Stargate Atlantis on SciFi HD vs. SD. Recorded the same episode twice on the same machine. The SD feed was S-video to Denon receiver to component video to Samsung DLP and audio was RCA to TV to optical to Denon. The SD video looked better than the HD video because it had less shadow and blooms. Audio speaker seperation was identical between Dolby Digital and Dolby Pro Logic II.

I want SciFi in HD too, but it does not appear to be available, yet.

According to both the SciFi channel and titantv.com BSG s4e1 is not going to be aired in HD. SciFi list the Season 4 opener as SD with stereo. A lot of what you see in "HD" is upconverted SD and sometimes your HDTV will do a better upconversion. I did a comparison between Stargate Atlantis on SciFi HD vs. SD. Recorded the same episode twice on the same machine. The SD feed was S-video to Denon receiver to component video to Samsung DLP and audio was RCA to TV to optical to Denon. The SD video looked better than the HD video because it had less shadow and blooms. Audio speaker seperation was identical between Dolby Digital and Dolby Pro Logic II.

I want SciFi in HD too, but it does not appear to be available, yet.

All us D* folks will differ with your opinion and tonights s4e1 shows in our guides as in HD, along with all the reruns from the prior season. As fo ryour opinion of the PQ, that's yours, I'm very happy with the HD PQ on Sci-Fi.

All us D* folks will differ with your opinion and tonights s4e1 shows in our guides as in HD, along with all the reruns from the prior season. As fo ryour opinion of the PQ, that's yours, I'm very happy with the HD PQ on Sci-Fi.

Wow Rad, you must have woke up on the right side of the bed this morning.
For kvnfl to say that Sci Fi HD doesn't appear to be available yet....please.
Okay, kvnfl, when did you do this comparison? Did you do it on D*, was it an HR20, 21 or what? etc... because frankly I think your post is full of it. I for one have seen plenty of HD on SciFi. Not upconverted. I still have some Flash Gordons, Tin Man on the DVR, you are here telling me that it is in fact not HD???

Since it doesn't look like E* won't bless us with Sci-Fi HD for tonight's episode, I might as well watch online in 40 minutes, unless they bring down the server.

Okay, kvnfl, when did you do this comparison? Did you do it on D*, was it an HR20, 21 or what? etc... because frankly I think your post is full of it. I for one have seen plenty of HD on SciFi. Not upconverted. I still have some Flash Gordons, Tin Man on the DVR, you are here telling me that it is in fact not HD???
Several of the later episodes of BSG have been shown in HD on Sci fi already, why would he think they would take a step back with the next season premier....:confused:

Go to the source:
Schedule | On Air | SCIFI.COM

If SciFi was telecasting in true HD they would be screaming from the rooftops. Do they announce "also available in HD" at the start of programs?

And the read the pros:
Sound and Vision Magazine - 8 Ways Networks Jump the HD Line

If you are not familiar with blooms, it is when one color blurs over another color. Often the picture will appear blotchy. When my HDTV has a bloom from a digital source it is the source that encoded the bloom. A lack of information would show up in pixilization.

Be happy if you get a 16x9 picture and Dolby Digital on the receiver, ignorance is bliss. Truth can get in the way of happiness.

Go to the source:

If SciFi was telecasting in true HD they would be screaming from the rooftops. Do they announce "also available in HD" at the start of programs?

And the read the pros:

If you are not familiar with blooms, it is when one color blurs over another color. Often the picture will appear blotchy. When my HDTV has a bloom from a digital source it is the source that encoded the bloom. A lack of information would show up in pixilization.

Be happy if you get a 16x9 picture and Dolby Digital on the receiver, ignorance is bliss. Truth can get in the way of happiness.

Heard the same garbage before from when it first launched. People even had e-mails from Sci-Fi PR department saying there was no HD channel while we're watching HD programming. Here's a link https://www.nbcunetworks.com/Webpage/Techspecs/ViewPublicTechSpecs.aspx?NetworkId=MjE= that shows how they're distributing the channel.

Go to the source:

And the read the pros:

Wrong..and might I add a bit pathetic.
First off, I read through it rather quickly, but I didn't even see SciFi HD mentioned in the article.
Second, On the SciFi webpage, there is no column for HD, so in all your wisdom, you decided that none of it is?

Edit: I read the article you posted as "proof" again and guess what, no mention of SciFi HD in the article, dude, whats up with that?

BattleStar Galactica, a remake of the 1970's TV show on Sci-Fi channel.

No sh*t? If they replace the real Richard Hatch and Alpo's finest, Lorne Greene, with Survivor's Richard Hatch and Dog Whisperer's Cesar Milan, I might get a good laugh out of it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)