IA5 Recent Problems

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

TFSAT

Original poster
Mar 10, 2005
Hi,

Did anyone notice lately that IA5 (T5) has been having some strange problems, like looking audio on all channels?

I read somewhere that Dishnet made some changes and it was somehow affecting IA5 and that IA5 is in the process of fixing the problems!!! Is this true.

Thanks.

The nearest dishnet satellite is far away from IA-5 located @105 West and that is AMC-16. That is a normal commercial linear satellite and is not very strong. No way that could be effecting IA-5.

However Nim 1 the Bell Express Vue satellite is very close to IA-5 and is a strong satellite but nothing they do could effect IA-5 either. There is at least a standard 2 degree seperation and Nim 1 is a circular polarization satellite and IA-5 is linear.

What you will find on IA-5 is the ethnic channels are constantly being added, subtracted, turned around and reassigned. A bunch of ITC music channels are now on IA-5 but probably won't be their for long. IA-5 is not a strong satellite so if your using a fixed mount and aimed at IA-5 it's important to peak the satellite on the strongest transponder and because of the constant changes you have to rescan often.

I have no problem on IA-5. I am watching KIBS2. Korea VS Sweden soccer game the audio is just fine the video is fine too.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)