ice storm

Status
Please reply by conversation.
How about getting some water balloons and filling them with de-icer/antifreeze/whatever else you can think of? Maybe the first ones can be hot water, the next ones following it would help orevent more snow from sticking to it (at least for a little while). I am sure salt would not be a good idea as it would make the dish rust.

How about getting some water balloons and filling them with de-icer/antifreeze/whatever else you can think of? Maybe the first ones can be hot water, the next ones following it would help orevent more snow from sticking to it (at least for a little while). I am sure salt would not be a good idea as it would make the dish rust.

Water balloons (and the hammer mentioned earlier) would seem to me to have enough force to misalign the dish. IMHO.:cool:

Water balloons (and the hammer mentioned earlier) would seem to me to have enough force to misalign the dish. IMHO.:cool:

With my luck, I could almost guarantee that the physical balloon would wrap around the LNB & block everything until I got my azz up there to remove.

Also look out for the neighbors when you miss the dish :eek:

Jimbo

I'm up in West Chester, for those of you in Cincinnati area...

After we hit it with a hose, we got to about 70% on most satellites, but after yesterday's melting session everything cleared back up. We've had satellite for almost 12 years now, in one form or another, and I have never had any ice buildup like this, and never have I had complete signal loss. I wonder how long it will be until DirecTV recommends the supersoaker or hose method in the service manuals!

I'm up in West Chester, for those of you in Cincinnati area...

After we hit it with a hose, we got to about 70% on most satellites, but after yesterday's melting session everything cleared back up. We've had satellite for almost 12 years now, in one form or another, and I have never had any ice buildup like this, and never have I had complete signal loss. I wonder how long it will be until DirecTV recommends the supersoaker or hose method in the service manuals!

If DTV has any sense of humor, they will recommend the 'balloon method'; think of all the news stories that would be sure to follow. :rolleyes:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts