Status
Please reply by conversation.

SatinKzo

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 22, 2004
Louisiana
Do you guys pay for all the equipment you do reviews on or do you get some time with the stuff from vendors to review it and send back?

Just curious as it seems you guys get lots of stuff to review and if you pay for it, you must have a bunch of stuff sitting around.

Almost everything I have reviewed has been my products.

The thing about purchasing a product is then if you do a review its legit. From what I've read, some vendors will give you a piece to review, but then they would like a review that puts a positive spin on the product even if its junk. :)

Thanks guys. Not that I think any review here is biased, I was curious how much of your own money you were shelling out. Like for the Pansat 6000 you reviewed iceberg. I mean you go look at the review section and some of you guys must just have stockpiles of stuff. :) If your stuff ever burns up or gets stolen, insurance claim would be fun I bet. "uh huh, you had 15 satellite receviers, 10 lnbfs, 4 dishes" laff.

Thanks guys. Not that I think any review here is biased, I was curious how much of your own money you were shelling out. Like for the Pansat 6000 you reviewed iceberg. I mean you go look at the review section and some of you guys must just have stockpiles of stuff. :) If your stuff ever burns up or gets stolen, insurance claim would be fun I bet. "uh huh, you had 15 satellite receviers, 10 lnbfs, 4 dishes" laff.

I think many folks own more than one receiver - I own two and ready to get a third; either the Traxis 3500 or the Pansat 5000 or a Pansat 3500 SD.

I have a Fortec Ultra and a Microyal 900 (my first one with the least features and the best picture).

I think it is part of the hobby to get the next/better/different receiver

Thanks guys. Not that I think any review here is biased, I was curious how much of your own money you were shelling out. Like for the Pansat 6000 you reviewed iceberg. I mean you go look at the review section and some of you guys must just have stockpiles of stuff. :)

The 6000 I sold because after using it for a month, I found some minor issues so it wasnt for me (I laugh now as I have a 5000)

If your stuff ever burns up or gets stolen, insurance claim would be fun I bet. "uh huh, you had 15 satellite receviers, 10 lnbfs, 4 dishes" laff.
I took pictures and have them backed up on a computer at work :)

ALso, I know what its like dealing with adjusters. When our cabin burned down, the adjuster was a (insert bad word here). We had pictures of everything (we had finished updating alot of the cabin 2 weeks earlier) and the adjuster wanted to play games and depreciate everything

He depreciated beer. We were like "how the hell do you depreciate beer" and his come back was "who claims 52 cases of beer on an insurance adjustment". We showed him the fridge (that was still there at the time..burned to a crisp but the beer cans were still in there) and it was FULL of beer....

sorry for the off topic thing :)

I think many folks own more than one receiver - I own two and ready to get a third; either the Traxis 3500 or the Pansat 5000 or a Pansat 3500 SD.
ditto here. I've gone through a lot of boxes in my time

I think it is part of the hobby to get the next/better/different receiver

:up :up

I like trying something new or different too :)

I took pictures and have them backed up on a computer at work :)
That's a great idea..

He depreciated beer. We were like "how the hell do you depreciate beer" and his come back was "who claims 52 cases of beer on an insurance adjustment". We showed him the fridge (that was still there at the time..burned to a crisp but the beer cans were still in there) and it was FULL of beer....
Hahaha, now that cracks me up Iceberg... I didn't take you as a big beer drinker..

Actually, this sounds like something that would happen to me..

Actually I havent drank since 99. :)
It was mine & my dad's cabin and we had lots of parties up there. Cabin right on a pretty big lake in MN and we were getting ready for the "fall party" when the place burned down.

Heck, we had about 30 bottles of liquor in a bedroom that some of it was still there after the fire. :)

When I saw the Dish500 that I had spent 4 1/2 hours putting up and aiming burnt (but still there) I dang near cried

Hehehe.... I wonder if he would have Ap-preciated wine, since it gets better with time :D

But yeah, those adjusters will try anything to lowball the insurance claim. They worked us over with the Katrina settlement, that's for sure :mad:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts